2Won

"Like you told me before, right? If we're meant to be, it'll be us at the end of the day"

***
It was quiet, far from the usual noise whenever Hyewon came home from work. All the lights were off except for the bedroom "Chaewon? Baby? I'm home".

But instead of a warm hug, she was met with silence. Hyewon settled her bag on the couch before making her way to the bed where she saw her girl, Chaewon. She was sitting on the bed, waiting for Hyewon to come home. A smile curved on Hyewon's face as she bent down to kiss Chaewon on the forehead; she can clearly feel that something is off  tonight.

"Have you eaten? Are you okay?" Hyewon implied as she sat beside Chaewon who's not even bother to spare her a glance. They stayed silent for a while before Hyewon decided to speak again "A penny for your thoughts, love?".

Chaewon finally turn her towards Hyewon "I'm tired, Hyewon".

Hyewon frowned, "Tired? Well, you can sleep for a bit and I'll cook our dinner" she was about to stand when Chaewon, grab her arm "I'm tired of us".

Hyewon felt like the whole world stopped before her as she stared at Chaewon. She couldn't believe what she just heard, her knees buckled making her sit on bed once more.

"Wh-what do you mean?" The uneasiness in Hyewon's heart became heavier, making it hard for her to breathe "We can fix this, love".

"How can you fix something that has been broken? Hyewon, you can't fix this anymore" Chaewon retorted, pain is evident in her voice. Her eyes were dull, far from the usual bright and loving gaze that Chaewon gives her. Hyewon tries to hold her but the latter, pushed her away slightly.

"I'm so tired of waiting. Waiting for this relationship to grow" Chaewon spoke "The more we stay, the more we grow apart. And I think, it's best for us if we'll go on our separate ways".

Hyewon cried hard. She clench her fists tight as she slowly look at Chaewon "I can do better than this, love. Please give me a chance".

"How many more chance do I need to give you? Kwangbae, I've given you more than two chances already".

Hyewon dropped down on her knees before hugging Chaewon's waist. Her face is buried deep onto her stomach, crying.

"Don't leave me" she begged "How am I supposed to go on without you?".

"You're strong" Chaewon said, cupping Hyewon's face to wipe her tears "I love you so much and that would never change. I'm just too tired and I hope you understand".

"But I want you to promise me one thing before I go" Hyewon cried harder "I want you to grow, okay? Grow for yourself and achieve your dreams. I would still be there, cheering for you".

"Don't do this, Wonnie" Hyewon pleaded. Chaewon shook her head as she stood up, forcefully prying Hyewon's arms around her.

"You told me before. If we are meant to be, it'll be us" Chaewon spoke as she force herself to smile "If it's us, then it'll be us but for now we need to be grow individually"

"I love you"

"I know you do, Hyewon and I love you too".

Hyewon stayed on the ground, crying. It feels like the while universe crashed her down, leaving her in the dead space with no one to hold onto.

"I would be here in case you come back. My arms are ready to catch and hug you once you return but until then, goodbye and I love you".

---
:)