Ssambang: Truth Untold

"But I still want you

"But I still want you..."

---
All her life, Chaewon spent most of her days locked up inside her dilapidated and dingy castle. The palace was supposed to be filled with toptier guests, ranging from the generals of the town, down to other monarchs.

Chaewon's family is one of the most powerful clan ever to reign over Iz*land. Her mother is a well-known and respected queen, her deeds was able to help those who are in poverty.

Queen Eunbi's attitude and perception is far different from her daughter, Chaewon. The princess is filled with pride and greed, being the princess only added to her confidence.

But, one day all of her deeds came with a huge price. There was a family gathering at the palace and as always, every prominent guess was there.

Chaewon was tested by a powerful witch, whom disguised herself as a old beggar. The lady asked for a drink but, the prideful princess refuses. It continued on until Chaewon had enough and pushed the beggar to the ground.

She transformed herself to her original form and cursed Chaewon. Everything that she has was taken away from her, and as a mark for her deeds, Chaewon was left with a huge scar on her face.

It was evening at that time, usually her one and only servant, Yena would bring her food.

"Your highness" Yena bowed, Chaewon gestured her to come inside the room "Here's your dinner".

Yena placed a plate filled with bread, cheese, fruits, and a glass of water on the side. Chaewon was really grateful that atleast, she has someone who would be there for her.

"You should stop calling me your highness" she spoke before tearing a piece of bread, dipping it in to the cheese.

"Princess, I have served Queen Eunbi almost half of my life and I should do that to you too".

There was a bitter smile on her face upon remembering her mother. Eunbi died a few months after the curse was laid upon Chaewon. She was too young and naïve to rule their kingdom and so, their constituents left her.

"I must've disappointed my mother" she whispered, her lips were quivering and tears flowed down her cheeks. Yena stared at the princess pitifully, she couldn't do anything but to watch and hear as the princess continues to sob infront of her.

"I'm sure Queen Eunbi is proud of you" Yena spoke with a hint of sadness in her eyes "You were able to survive, your highness. Everything may be lost but, what you have right now is yourself and you were able face anything by standing on your feet".

Chaewon smiled, wiping her tears "Thank you Yena".

The servant stood up and bowed "It's a pleasure".

***
"We shouldn't be doing this" Felix whispered as he proceeded to carry Hitomi off the fence of their house. The latter landed on her feet safely, thanks to Felix's hand that guided her.