Malibu Nights: Yabuki Nako

"What do you do with a broken heart?"

(Remember Strawberries & Cigarettes? This is the part two)

---

Nako drive endlessly into the night, letting the car do it's job to take her anywhere as long as it's far from everybody. Her vision is clouded with tears streaming down her chin, there's a can of beer beside her as Nako continuously to drive as she drown herself. It was unfathomable how broken and devastated she was, it was supposed to be her wedding.. their wedding but, if you truly love someone, you have to let them go.

It would forever be engraved in her mind on how Hitomi pleaded her not to push through the wedding. She knows how the younger's eyes welled up in tears while holding her hand as she repeated the word "please" and it was minutes away before their wedding.

She loved Hitomi first. They were inseparable when they were kids, Nako knew the abuse that Hitomi have gone through in the hands of her won parents. Nako would often help her sneak out and let her sleep in their house for the night, she was there when Hitomi had nightmares, she there when the latter needs a shoulder to cry on but why... why did she choose Chaewon?

When their parents announced their arranged marriage, Nako felt victorious. She knows that Hitomi's family is against the idea of their daughter being with someone as "low" as Chaewon. But, when the day of their wedding Nako couldn't help but to pity Hitomi, weddings are supposed to be a joyful celebration but, her bride is broken.

Nako made a tough choice to call off the wedding and drove Hitomi to Chaewon where they both ran away and thus, leaving her alone and broken.

She finally stepped on the gas when she reached her destination which is the sea side. The sound of the water hitting the seashore was the only thing that Nako could hear, she took the cans of beer inside her car before plopping down on the sand.

Nako slip the cigarette in between her lips, lighting it as she continue to cry over the love that she couldn't get. She was supposed to be happy for Hitomi, she's finally free from her dad and she's now happy with Chaewon.

But she thought... What if she didn't let them meet? What if the wedding pushed through? Probably she'll be happy right now but, Hitomi won't.

Nako ruffled her hair, her head is hung low as she bawled her eyes out. Who would save her now? Who would be there to carry her out of the darkness that is currently devouring her?

She shook her head "No one" she scoffed "No one".

---

IDK what am I doing with this one ehehehe but imma cut it here.