chapter four

October 30th, 1994

After their argument in the library, Cedric pondered the idea of giving up on whatever he was attempting to fix, but also curious if he could ever give up. The reward would be too rewarding if it ever worked out.

He decided to give her more time, more moments without him, more moments to himself to try to figure out how to fix what he had done. She never really was a hot head before but, times were changing. 

Winston McFern walked beside Cedric Diggory throughout the Great Hall, watching as everyone greeted the new students from different schools, smiling at a few himself.

Winston couldn't help but follow the strong gaze Cedric held while pushing beside students, his grey eyes barely leaving the subject he appeared to be longing for. Across the Great Hall stood Fleur Delacour and Clementine Rosier hugging tightly, swinging each other back and forth, yelling a few things in French at one another.

Cedric wasn't just watching because he was a creep, but because he could remember how much Clementine loved Fleur, how much she missed having the French girl around.

"Fleur, mon ange, mon ami! Read this letter she wrote, Ced!"

Clementine used to say those words lovingly while throwing Fleur's letters from Beauxbaton on Cedric's bed. Most of it would be in French, so she would have to translate, but the letters were always so elegant looking.

Cedric would always ask her to read them in French to him, not that he would understand, but he just loved to watch her speak, that gave him a reason. The way her mouth moved as the foreign language escaped her lips had Cedric entranced.

Once again, Cedric found himself missing the friendship of clueless Clementine and everything that came in between that. Watching the way she softly stroked Fleur's blonde hair, giggling at something she said, Cedric's stomach began to form a deep knot.

"Cedric!" George Weasley yelled from the entrance, his long robes not even close to reaching the floor. "Are you putting your name in, mate?" Fred followed behind him as they walked closer.

His focus had tried his best to leave from Clementine, knowing that the boys would know what he was looking at, wanting to keep eye contact with them as well.

"I...." He hesitated before speaking, finally forcing his eyes away and trying to think of the question. "Certainty am, Weasley." A large smile formed over his face as their eyes met, meeting each other in the middle of a walkway.

"McFern?" Fred stood beside his brother, raising his eyebrows playfully to the slightly older Hufflepuff boy. Winston cracked a smile and nodded his head.

"I'm assuming you two want us to slip your name in the goblet?" Cedric cupped Fred's shoulder into his hand, beginning the walk to the other side of the school with the boys.

October 31st, 1994

Clementine Rosier came running into the empty corner of the castle where she met George and Fred from time to time. The only times she'd met them here were for pranks and helping them with secret potions, but it was always interesting when they chose this location.

"Bananas," She attempted to catch her breath as she approached them. "It's not a magical thing, just bananas." The bottles in her hands had taken her all day to complete and she was confident in her potion for the boys.