chapter nine

November 29th, 1994

Cedric Diggory had skipped class for the first time in his entire academic career to sit outside in the freezing cold, he knew his focus wasn't going to be where it should be. Of course, his classmates were curious about where he was but no one seemed to care enough.

He had even pondered that feeling, wondering why no one bothered to check or find out where he may have wandered, no one actually seemed to be there anymore. This wasn't the actual truth, which he knew, but he felt alone a lot more recently.

This feeling wasn't exactly new to him, he was more than just a popular pretty boy, but these feelings were still such an acquaintance to him.

No matter how cliche it sounded or how it kept him up at night since Clementine had really picked up on her stubbornness this year, everything just began to feel so much emptier.

No matter how many times he laughed with his friends at the dinner table, helped Cho Chang study, caught glimpses of the twins pulling pranks, or sat in the Hufflepuff common room, nothing filled the dark void.

Cedric needed someone, he needed advice, and he needed her. The cold winter air stained his checks red but at least he had an excuse for his puffy eyes.

Olive and Blaise sat absolutely flabbergasted by the sight of their distressed friend ranting in front of them. Her cheeks were redder than a tomato and her hands flew all over the place, Clementine's breath being the only thing piercing throw the silence.

Though not fully surprised by the words, it was still a shock for their stubborn friend to finally admit her deep feelings, something she had never been fond of, something she may never be.

Olive, with her almost white hair, couldn't seem to find any words to speak as her eyes danced around the wood floor. Clementine had never even mentioned a crush on anyone or anything, but she had always known, everyone always knew.

"Well," Blaise's tall figure stood up from the bed, towering over his small Hufflepuff friend. "First off, you have issues. Like emotionally." A small smirk appeared on his lips.

Clementine let out a small chuckle for the first time in hours, knowing his words were true, knowing she had plenty of things she needed to release.

"Second of all,"

"You need to go tell him! Right now, Clem!" With a quick motion, Olive shoved her friend's brown bag into her hands and flattened the hair on her brunette head, almost completely pushing her out of her own door.

Clementine had zero time to react to them, feeling the adrenaline pulsing through her frame, feet already 10 steps in front of her mind. In some way, her brain remained foggy and thoughtless, she kept telling herself the right words would come to her when she saw his beautiful face standing before her.

The feet attached to her body dragged her to Cedric's room in the other hall, the hallway was rather full of Hufflepuff boys, and she realized this was because their last class had been over for hours at this point. Duh, she thought.

Her hands felt extra clammy as they knocked politely on his dorm door, other boys looked at her puzzled but she attempted to pay them no attention. She realized how silly it might seem, knocking on the door of a boy she's been horrible to all year, and somehow she was hoping he'll answer.