chapter six

November 5, 1992

Cedric Diggory woke up to Clementine bouncing along the side of his slept in bed. A few of his roommates greeted her with a groan as she started to chant his name.

"I'm awake, I'm awake." A content smile fell across his face as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and met her beaming morning expression. "What's so important, Clem?"

Sleepily, he moved over and unpeeled his yellow comforter from the corner, inviting her in like he always did. This day, she shook her head and dramatically threw the blanket back.

"No sleeping in, Ceddy. I've got an arse-load of candy in my room waiting for our grungy little hands, hm?" She cooed to him, a tight smirk digging around her face. With that smile, he couldn't just not get out of bed.

"You have won me over once again, Clemmy." Cedric chuckled as he stood from his comforting bed and followed sleepily behind the girl to her room.

The two stuffed their faces with the candy she had bought that morning, letting out small hums of approval every time they opened something new.

"Do you hate me? Be honest." Clementine questioned while shoving a chocoball into her wide-spread mouth. Cedric tossed another wrapper of his favorite candy in the corner, furrowing his eyebrows.

"No, I would never be able to. Why do you ask such a rubbish question?" A licorice wand somehow found its way into his hand, and then suddenly into his mouth. Her hair had fallen into her face as she reached across the floor, Cedric watched her gracefully reposition the hair.

"I said a joke earlier and you didn't laugh as hard as I thought you would." She busted into a loud snort, nearly choking on the licorice wand hanging out of her mouth. Cedric laughed at the scene, leaning his head back, somehow enjoying their innocence.

"You know, it's nice that your voice was the first thing I heard this morning," Cedric mumbled shyly, also confidently at the same time. Clementine hadn't figured out how to do that yet.

He had been trying to make Clementine more comfortable with praises and compliments, introducing a new one every time she looked like she was genuinely happy.

A large blush crept over her cheeks before she finished off the last bite held in her mouth. A goofy smile crept over her face when she met his maybe almost sparkling eyes.

"You know, I want to say nice things back to you when you speak like that, but I always can't seem to find the words." Sheepishly, she didn't bother to pick up another candy.

He had always been so kind and loving towards her, she wasn't fully sure how to handle it all the time. She felt hot and clamish when he spoke like that when he was so sweet and gentle.

"I know, Clem. I understand." He whispered back, sliding his hand to slide her another chocoball. She took it with a soft smile, feeling assured and safe under his presence, being new to this feeling. He gets me, she thought sincerely for the first time.

November 5th, 1994

Avoiding Cedric Diggory was not as easy as Clementine hoped it would be. Her clouded mind forgot that every student at Hogwarts, or every girl from Beauxbaton, loved to stand around with him.