Chapter Fifty-Seven

Violet could count on one hand, the amount of times she's worn a gown. Sansa had once sewn her one years ago, she appreciated the notion but the dress never did quite fit. Violet wore the dress Xaro had given her in Quarth for mere minutes before changing.

And here she was, coated from head to toe in Westeros' finest silk. The bright red fabric was a stark contrast to her slightly tan skin and glowing silver hair. Her violet eyes glistened beneath deep brown shadows that had been painted along her lids. The handmaidens were terrified as they dressed her, their shaking hands dropped her gown several times. She decided not to fight against their wishes to prim her face with makeup. They eventually warmed up to her, after determining several times she wouldn't feed them to Rhael.

"You really look like a Queen." Said Jon from across the room. He had long since cleaned up from the battle and settled into one of the rooms adjacent to hers. He sported black leather breeches and a white tunic that fit him nicely. His curls had been cut and smoothed against his head.

"You look like a kid again," Violet snorted, walking over and ruffling his raven hair. Jon huffed before shaking out of her grasp. "This is a bad idea."

"It's tradition. A new monarch can't be crowned without a coronation." Jon answered, fiddling with the sword at his hip.

"Fuck tradition. There's still an army of the dead out there, not to mention my sister could show up any any moment raining fire." Violet said, nibbling on a fingernail.

"I agree. But the Lords of Westeros are old fashioned, and will need to hear from their new Queen before pledging their armies to the cause."

Violet sighed, knowing he was right. She might have had what was left of the North on her side, Dorne and Highgarden, The Lannisters retreated to Casterly Rock but were still pledged to her. There were still plenty of nobles that could lend a hand to save their home.

"I fear they will be more interested in marriage alliances and securing a royal heir." Violet had walked over to the large table that lingered in the center of the room. It housed a large map of both Westeros and Essos, and her sheathed sword lay directly down the center. She wasn't sure how it would look wearing her Valyrian steel weapon on her back to her own coronation, but she'd be damned if she went into this den of vipers without protection.

"Is that something you've thought of?" Jon asked, still leaning against the wall across the room.

"No, Jon." She snorted. "I've been a bit preoccupied with war."

"Fair enough."

A knock sounded on the door, Jon opening it to reveal both Oberyn and Davos. Oberyn whistled, taking in the sight of Violet standing in front of him. "Fucking delicious, my Queen." he smirked, knowing it would get under her skin.

Violet grabbed a wooden model of the Lannister lion off the table and heaved it at him with incredible strength. He dodged in with a chuckle, crossing his arms across his chest. "The throne room is packed, everyone clambering to get a look at their new Queen." 

"I don't have the balls to tell them half of them might be dead soon." Violet sighed, staring at the multiple house statues situated around the model of Kings Landing. 

"You have the biggest balls I've ever seen." Tormund  answered, a cheesy grin playing behind his lips.

"Seen many balls, Tormund?" Oberyn joked from beside him.

"It gets cold in the north." He shrugged, picking up the Lannister statue and tossing it into the fire. 

Violet grabbed the sword off the table, strapping it to her spine. She'd be damned if she didn't walk into unknown territory without a weapon. She didn't think they would be too stupid to attack her, but even in her uncomfortable gown, she would still cut through them with ease if needed.