Chapter Nine.

Gasps and voices of surprise could be heard throughout The Vale when Violet announced she wished to be Tyrions's champion. She faltered for a few moments, realizing that maybe she shouldn't have done it but stood confident and tall to where nobody could tell. She knew in her heart she could easily kill any of these older knights who looked like they hadn't seen battle in years. She still had adrenaline pumping from the battle with the woodland clan days prior.

Violet could see Tyrion looking up at her from the corner of her eye, but she kept her eye still on the former Tully sisters. Lysa Arryn glared down at her as if she were the dirt on her shoe, while Catelyn looked as if Violet had slapped her across the face. "Why Violet? This man came into our home and attempted to kill Bran! A boy you have known your entire life!" Catelyn exclaimed, leaning towards Ser Rodrick, who was looking to Violet with more shock than anything.

"Lady Stark, Tyrion has done nothing but show me respect. That is more than I can say for you" Violet said to the Lady Stark who was currently fuming. Violet fiddled with the hilt of her sword and took a step closer to Tyrion as if someone would jump out and attack him at any moment. Catelyn seemed to be boiling over she was so mad, like her head would pop off like a kettle at any moment.

"I took you into my home, I fed you and raised you like my own child! How dare you speak to me that way?!" Catelyn shouted at Violet, who stood emotionless in front of the older woman. 

A small smirk found it's way to Violet's face before she spoke once more. "No my Lady. Ned took me in and treated me like a daughter, Ned taught me how to wield a blade for the first time, The Starks were nothing but generous to me, and you are a Tully. And from what I see today they don't seem to be the most civilized beings in the seven Kingdoms" Violet widened her smirk as she looked to the Lady Lysa who was standing from her chair and gripping her sickly son with her claws.

"Now if you excuse me, I must kill a man so my friend here can walk away safely" Violet said with a bow before whipping out her blade and lightly walking around the moon door, waiting for her enemy. Ser Vardis of the Vale walked out of the crowd with his blade at the ready. Violet took notice of his armor and the slow way he moved around the room. The crowd had backed up to give them room, and from the corner of her eye she saw Tyrion bouncing up and down like a small child.

 Ser Vardis walked incredibly slow around Violet, a helmet stifling his full view of her and she knew she could use that to her advantage. Their swords clinked together quickly, Violet blocking the man with ease. After twenty minutes of them stalling each other with mindless dueling, Violet knew she must finish him once and for all.

She spun around quickly, Ser Vardis not seeing her in time from the blocking of his helm. She rolled her eyes at his ignorance before shoving his head forward and sending then end of Beast into the back of his skull. She heard the gasps around the Vale, and Lady Lysa and Lady Catelyn crying out from watching the man die, but Violet only shrugged and kicked the dead body through the open moon door. 

"You don't fight with honor!" Lady Lysa shouted at her, causing Violet to raise an eyebrow and sheath her sword. She shook her head knowing good and well one of them was going through that door, and it just did not happen to be her. 

"Actually I did. Your knight was just too slow, maybe next time you should pick someone less old" Violet said shrugging before walking over to Tyrion. She knew she was riling up the Lady Arryn, but she lost every care she had inside of her. She was a Targaryen after all, and she wished she could shout it from the rooftops. Learning of her true heritage sure made things about her make a lot more sense. One of them being her thirst for blood. Sure she was a generally calm girl, but she loved the feel of a sword going through flesh, and she would not apologize for that.