Ive never had a girl friend before

Korra walked down the halls of Zaofu her brows furrowed and her face scrunched up in thought. The sun was setting, and it was almost time for the dinner Suyin promised so she made her way to where the guards pointed her to go. In her concentration Korra almost missed the turn she was supposed to make, but it wasn't her fault, it was Asami's and Opal's. Korra's first session with Opal ended on a high note, with the girl being an absolute natural. Yes, this day was great and fun and full of surprises. Except she and Opal got along really well. Like really really well. They got along as well as Korra and Bolin did. And that was exactly the problem. Were girl friends supposed to feel like boy friends did? Because that was not how it was with Asami, at all. Korra absentmindedly licked and gnawed on her lips, anxiously playing with her hands behind her back.

'Okay Korra think. Today you've had a lot of fun with Opal. You were both friendly, and she told you a little bit about herself and you really liked her personality. Hanging out with her was fun, and new. New. Why the hell was it new?! You are best friends with the girlies girl ever for god's sake. Asami's first order of business every morning was freaking make up, this should not feel so novel. Her perfect, pretty make up. Wait what? Okay Korra you need to stop freaking out. Obviously it feels different because you just met Opal. And you weren't jealous of her the first time you met her either. Okay, so maybe it's just that Asami is not like anyone you've ever met before. She's special. And intelligent, and awesome, and beautiful, and her lips are- whoa Korra what the hell. No, don't go there. Apparently that's not the friend zone, cause if it was then Opal would look attractive too. ...but Opal doesn't. Well she's pretty and everything, but not your type. Not that Asami is! Okay, okay back up Avatar. Asami is your best friend. Best friends have a different set of rules. Right, cause Bolin totally had his own set of rules when he was your only friend during the whole Mako-Asami-drama-thing. What the hell does this all mean.'

Korra kept walking, not realizing that she now was completely lost and wondering, only snapping out of her daze when she collided with something very hard, and landed on her ass.

"Ow," Korra mumbled as she rubbed her forehead from where it collided with the back of a guard's helmet.

The guard turned quickly, pulling her helmet back up off her eyes, and rubbing her nose where the metal hit it.

"-Avatar," she said in surprise as she realized who was on the ground. She quickly offered her hand to Korra, who gratefully took it and soon they were awkwardly staring at each other, not knowing what to do.

Korra realized that the woman looked familiar and something in her brain clicked. "Hey, you're that dancing girl!" Korra exclaimed.

"Yeah," she said with a chuckle.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Korra," she said as she extended her hand. The guard shook it and smiled at Korra.

"Kuvira, pleasure to meet you."

"So you're a guard. That's cool."

"I'm the captain actually."

"Oh, nice, nice." They stood there for a few seconds, looking around uncomfortably, not meeting each other's eyes.

"Well it was nice talking, I should probably check on the sentries."

Just as Kuvira was about to turn, Korra thought of something. "Wait! Hold on, you have girl friends, right?"

"Um, no. I'm dating a man."

Korra looked at her in confusion, "yeah okay, but like you have friends that are girls?"

"Oh, yeah of course."

"Great! Can I ask you something?"

Kuvira looked at her uncertainly but nodded.