Height

"I think my earthbending is getting a lot better!" Korra exclaimed as she fell back onto a snow bank next to her best friend.
Asami rolled her head over and looked at the thirteen year old Avatar-In-Training. "It really is, but it's still not quite on par with your firebending."
"But my waterbending will always be the best." Korra said with a smirk.
The fourteen-year-old heiress sat up and rolled her eyes. "Gee, I wonder why."
The girls chuckled and smiled at one another. Korra glanced up at the sun, which was beginning to set. "We should probably get back soon. Our parents will probably be expecting us soon."
Asami nodded in agreement and stood up. She reached a hand out to Korra and helped her up. The Avatar-In-Training smirked and stood toe to toe with the heiress. Asami sighed and rolled her eyes; she knew exactly where this was going.
Korra patted the top of Asami's head and laughed. "You're so short."
"You're only a few inches taller than I am." Asami said with a huff.
"I'm still taller." Korra teased.
"Well, I'm older than you!" Asami bit back with crossed arms.
Korra bent her knees so her ear was close to Asami's lips. She tapped her ear dramatically. "I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you all the way down there."
The heiress furrowed her eyebrows and shoved her best friend into the snow bank. "Quit being a jerk."
The Avatar-In-Training wiped the snow from her face and laughed. "I'm just teasing you." She jumped back to her feet and pulled Asami into a tight hug. "I'm sorry." Asami rested her head on Korra's shoulder and a light blush spread across her face. Her arms slowly slid around Korra and she buried her face into her friend's shoulder. Korra smiled and rested her head on Asami's. After a few moments they pulled away, both still blushing.
"Well, I'll forgive you this time." Asami said playfully punching Korra's shoulder.
"Aw, you always do." Korra said with a wink. "So you all won't be coming back down here anymore?" Senna asked Wei Sato as she poured her tea. "We're going back to Republic City for good this time. The North has severed the development contract." Wei sighed and stared at her tea. "Hiroshi isn't pleased." "I hate to add a new dimension to all of this, but have you told Asami?" "Not yet. She's going to take it hard. She and Korra are so close." Wei tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Between you and I, I think Asami may have a bit of a crush on Korra."
Senna raised her eyebrows. "Has Hiroshi seen it?" "Yes, and he made a joke about arranging a marriage." Wei smiled. "I think all of the time we've spent down here has really changed him. We've always differed in opinions on many things, but this is such a liberated culture that I believe it changed his mindset." "He mentioned that after the break in at the mansion he had issues with benders." Senna mentioned while filling her own teacup. Wei nodded. "Oh, yes. He even made Asami start taking self-defense classes shortly after. On the plus side, Asami is quite a skilled fighter."
"She keeps up with Korra." Senna said with a smile. "I'm glad your Hiroshi has come around." "Me too. I think Tonraq has helped more than anything." "Hiroshi is more of a brother to Tonraq than Unalaq is." Senna tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Korra is not going to take this well. I pretty sure she has a similar crush on Asami." Wei reached across the table and squeezed Senna's hand. "It's hard for all of us. I'm going to miss you." Senna smiled mournfully. "I'm going to miss you too. You have been a true friend to me." Both women turned to the door when they heard Korra and Asami yelling at each other playfully. Senna frowned. "We should probably tell them." Wei nodded just as the door burst open and the girls filed in. She sighed internally. This was going to be difficult.

Asami pulled her knees to her chest and wiped the tears from her eyes. 'This isn't fair. Why do we have to leave? I love it down here. Republic City is so loud and dirty. I want to stay in The South. I don't want to leave Korra.' She sniffled as quietly as she could. 'Stupid Chief Unalaq.'
"Asami?" Korra called tentatively. Her voice was hoarse; Asami could tell she had also been crying. The Avatar-in-training spotted her friend. She sat down next to her. "You ran off, I was worried."
The heiress said nothing, but simply rested her head on Korra's shoulder. Korra turned and took Asami in her arms. Asami griped Korra's back and they both broke down. "I'm going to miss you, Korra." Asami sputtered out between sobs. "It's not fair." "I don't want you to go." Korra whimpered, clinging to Asami tighter. "You were going to come to the compound with me. We were going to train together. I don't want you to leave." "There was so much I still wanted to say to you." Asami whispered heavily. Korra pulled back and looked at her friend. "What do you mean? We know everything about each other."
"Not everything." Asami looked away in embarrassment. "There's something I've never told you." "Tell me. We tell each other everything." "I don't know how."
Korra cupped Asami cheek. "I have faith in you." Asami bit her lip and looked up at her friend. Concerned azure eyes met hesitant jade ones. Korra squeezed the heiress's hand supportively. Asami took Korra's chin and tilted her head down. She smiled softly and leaned in. Korra's eyes widened when she felt soft lips on her own. It took a moment to truly register that her best friend was kissing her. Kissing her like people in love kissed each other. Korra's heart jumped in her chest when she finally realized that Asami liked her too. Her eyes slid shut and she returned the kiss. The girls pulled apart and rested their foreheads against each other's.
"I really like you, Asami." Korra whispered.
Asami smiled. "I really like you, too."
The Avatar-In-Training's eyes teared up again. "We don't get to be together anymore. You've been down here for almost three years! Why do you have to leave right when everything good was gonna happen." The heiress wiped Korra's tears away, trying to fight back her own. "I don't know, but you'll have to come to Republic City at some point. When you do, I'll be there to meet you. I'll...I'll even kiss you again." Korra smiled tearfully. "I'd really like that, but do you even think you could see over everyone? Not everyone is as short as you are." "I guess I'll just have to find something to stand on." Asami said softly before snuggling back into Korra's shoulder. "No matter what, I'd never miss a chance to see you."