Workshop shenanigans

Korra's bored. So very, very bored. Asami was supposed to be gone for "ten minutes, tops" but it's already been at least ten and a half. She thought it would be romantic, or at least appreciated, if she turned up out of the blue for some cuddle-time.

They've been officially together for five weeks, including their initial "adventures" in the spirit world. Korra feels a shiver run down her spine at those memories. They're back to their normal lives now. Normal,except they keep conveniently bumping into each other. When Asami's in the office, she'll have an emergency meeting. The subject's Korra, of course. She grins at that thought. When Korra's attending a political drama, she's really in a satomobile, steaming up the windows with Asami.

It's not like their relationship is a secret, to anyone. But it feels like finding time together has been almost impossible. She sighs. Obviously the repairs of republic city come first, but... but.

She's distracted. There's something in the middle of the room, fairly small, covered over with a sheet. She's curious, who wouldn't be? She lifts up a flap of material and peeks under. It's... a mini satomobile. She thinks it's super cute, picks it up and starts to inspect it. Then a wheel falls off.

"Shit! Oh shit, shit-shit!" she panics. She isn't allowed to touch anything in here, it's one of the few rules they have.

Metal bend it. Go on, you can fix this.

Sometimes, she wishes she'd ignore the tiny bender voice in her head. She tries to fuse the tiny stick of metal back in place, but now the wheels on upside down. It's basically facing the floor instead of sideways. Maybe Asami won't notice? Okay, no, she'll not only notice, she'll see the terrible repair attempt and know exactly who's responsible.

She snaps the wheel back off, and tries again, sticking her tongue out in concentration.

Sometimes, you just have one of those days where the fates are against you. She's almost got it perfectly fused, like new. Then she sneezes. Now, there's a blob of metal in her hand, in no way resembling a mini Satomobile or anything other than, well, a blob of metal.

And then, naturally, Asami walks into the room. Looks at Korra, frowns and folds her arms.

"Korra, what the hell?" Asami's mad. Korra's learnt that this is a thing to avoid where possible.

"I... I just... I looked and..." she's almost in tears, she's really angry at herself for messing up something Asami was probably prototyping, "the wheel fell off and I tried to fix it and, and..."

Suddenly Asami's laughing. Hysterically laughing. As in, there's tears.

"That's... hahaha!" Asami can't even form a sentence, then coughs and composes herself, "That's fixing it? Korra, you are NEVER coming into the garage."

Her almost-tears stop. "You're not mad?"

Asami leans in for a quick kiss, "Not even a little. But when it's anything in here, you keep your hands to yourself. Clear?"

"Absolutely."

Asami walks back to the door, and there's a loud click as she locks it.

"There's one exception to that..." she gulps, Asami's walking over, unbuttoning her greasy overalls.

Asami leans down, face an inch away, "You can touch me, any time you want".

The blob that-was-a-mini-satomobile falls to the floor, she holds Asami's face in her hand and kisses her, deeply. The next thing she knows, she's leant over Asami on a work table, their fingers folded together as she kisses her way down Asami's torso.

"Mmm.... Korra..."

Sometimes, you have one of those days where the fates were only pretending to be against you.

She grins into Asami's flesh as she works her way down, secretly wondering if she should break things more often.