Much needed alone time

Her skin is pale, but so golden in dawn's light. They had awoken early, with Korra's head pressed against Asami's chest, and decided to embrace the countryside. Away from Republic City. Away from invasive eyes. Away from where they could get caught, forgotten, or seen too much.

Korra presses her thumb to Asami's lips, always perfect and red. She earns a smile. Framed over Asami's head is the rising sun, floating, reflected on the water. She cradles her girlfriend's face between her hands, presses their lips together like a miracle.

"I love you," she says.

Asami chuckles, kisses her, says, "I love you, too."

Overcome with the urge to do something- anything- Korra sweeps Asami up and off her feet. Her breath halts, replaced with a sharp yelp as Asami wraps her arms around Korra's neck.

"Korra!"

She shifts so that Korra can hold her by her thighs, with her legs spread, anticipating the strong hand tracing its way towards the spot between her legs. She shakes, remembering the way Korra had pushed her down and slid their legs together just the night before, and the way she had kissed Asami when they were both panting and overstimulated. She remembers the way she had cradled Korra, and when she had fallen asleep, there she had stayed. No nightmares. No tears. It was just them, on the rare occasion that they were both utterly and completely free.

Korra's hand fell to the inside her thighs, brushing slowly. Intentionally. They moved up, up, up...

And then down, down, down...

And then up, up, up...

And then her thumb slipped inside Asami, who shook with a gasp.

Korra readjusted her grip so that her middle and ring fingers could reach inside, pressing her slick thumb against Asami's clit. She swallowed her girlfriend's moan, sinking her fingers in and out gently. It was strange doing this outside, but not in the bad way.

"Korra, Korra, Korra," Asami moaned. She dug her fingers into her hair, bit her lip until it almost bled. She blinked her eyes opened and said, "Please."

Korra could never say no to her, so she moved her fingers faster. Finally, she reached that spot inside Asami that made her eyes clench and her legs shake, rubbed over her clit at the same time.

Asami came with a shout, and when Korra didn't pull away, she laughed.

"Yes, yes, Korra, like- oh, like that," she whined.

"You want more, baby?" Korra asked, and she was all smugness. Asami didn't mind. She nodded, ready to beg.

"Y-yes. Please," she said, and her voice tapered off into a whimper.

"What do you want?" Korra asked.

"I- more!"

Their mouths mashed together in something that wasn't quite a kiss but was intimate and personal and utterly perfect all the same. Korra moved her fingers rapidly, brushing the same spots, rubbing the same places, until Asami's eyes rolled back and her spin arched and she was coming- coming.

She gasped for breath.

"I love you," she breathed out.

Korra knelt them down, pressed them flush against each other. Asami gasped for breath again. And this time, Korra gave it.