valenтιneѕ day

You groaned and rolled over to your vibrating phone on the bedside table. Picking it up, you saw it was another person texting you happy valentines day. You quickly sent out a mass message to all your contacts saying the next person that sent anything related to the day would instantly regret doing it.

You rolled back over and snuggled into the cold, lonely bed. Your boyfriend Justin was currently on tour somewhere in the world, leaving you all alone at home on Valentines Day. You sighed and looked at the clock, realizing you should probably get up and do something productive. You brushed your teeth, not even bothering to unwrap your hair, and made your way downstairs. You grabbed the strawberries and jar of nutella you bought the day before and crashed on the couch.

You pulled a blanket over yourself and turned on Netflix. You screwed the top of the Nutella off, dipped a strawberry in it and got lost in an episode of Scandal.

~*~*~

You jolted upright at a loud sound echoing around the house. It rang again and you threw the blanket off of you and ran to the front door. When you pulled it open, it was dark outside, making you realize you had fallen asleep and for a long time by the looks of it.

“Delivery for a Ms. Y/N.” The man before you said with a smile.

You smiled back and signed your signature on the clipboard he was holding out before he placed a rectangular box in your arms.

“Thanks.” You said then closed the door. You turned and walked back into the kitchen, but didn’t even get to there because the doorbell rang again.

“Delivery for a Ms. Y/N.” The same guy from less than a minute ago smiled and held out his keyboard. You narrowed your eyes at him, but still took the clipboard and signed it. He handed over another package that was tucked under his arm.

You shut the door, a little bit too harshly, and walked back towards the kitchen. You placed the box on the counter and just as you were about to sit down, the doorbell rang out again.

“What the fuck.” You mumbled slowly but still got up.

“Delivery for for a Ms. Y/N.” He said cheerily and reached the clipboard out. Completely suspicious, you took it and signed it but your eyes never left him. You handed it back to him and he picked up a box on the floor beside him. It had no top on it so you curiously looked down into it before you brought it in your house.

“Um, excuse me sir,” You called out as he walked away, “I didn’t order a puppy.”

“Well my record say you did, so you did.” With that, he got in his big truck and disappeared into the night sky.

You rolled your eyes and brought the box with the dog inside. It looked like a golden retriever, your absolute favorite type of dog, but hey, what did you know. No matter how adorable it was, it might have diseases or something, and you couldn’t keep a dog unless Justin gave it the okay. You took the little puppy out the box and placed it on a folded up sheet and decided you would take it to the adoption center tomorrow where it could find a nice home.

You sat down on the couch and pulled the sheets over you. Just as a new episode of Keeping Up With The Kardashians was about to start, the doorbell rang again.

You groaned, “Listen here, Mr. Sir, you’re really starting to piss me off.”

The doorbell rang once more, which you ignored, but was soon followed by a knock. And then another. And another.

“In the name of all things sane and holy!” You jumped off the couch, “I swear to God you’re gonna catch the back of this hand to the side of your fucking head if y-”

“What were you saying now?” Justin smirked when you swung open the door. “I heard something about a backhand?”

“Justin.” You whispered, still surprised by his sudden appearance.

“Y/n,” He whispered just as low with a smirk. “What? I don’t get a hug?”

You ran into his awaiting arms and nearly cried. He rubbed your back in small circles and walked you both into the house. He leaned out of the hug slightly, softly grabbed your face, before he kissed your cheeks, your forehead, and your lips ever so softly. Then he looked straight into your eyes with his hazel pair and whispered.

“Happy Valentines Day, ma amour.”