Painting

"Hey, Y/N," Justin said as he walked into the house, "Guess what I just bought!"

"I'm in the living room," you called out as you paused Netflix. You pushed the covers off of you and sat up. You were attempting to have a lazy day but that wasn't going to happen with Justin and stupidly cute bubbly personality.

Justin came in the room with the biggest smile on his face with two thick slabs of cloth tucked under his arm and a large shopping bag. He put them down on the floor out of your sight and dumped the contents of the bag on the couch beside you.

"What is all this?" you asked as you picked up one of the paintbrushes.

"I remember when we started dating almost a year ago that you said that you used to love to paint so I thought you might want to do that again," he smiled.

"Justin, I liked to paint when I was five years old on printer paper-I have never actually painted professionally," you replied. You picked up one of the tubes of paint and examined it.

'Watercolor Paint'

You turned it over and your eyes almost bulged out of your head.

"You paid 30 dollars for all of this?" you waved your arm over the 10 or 15 tubes of paint.

"No, it was 30 dollars per tube," he shrugged and went to grab something.

"You're officially out of your mind!" you said as you started counting up the tubes, "There are 16 tubes here! Plus painbrushes!"

Justin pulled the slabs of cloth-well easels-from behind the couch.

"And of course you bought easels. What happened to using paint from the dollar store and printer paper?" you sighed, "You have to take all this stuff back, Justin."

"What, why? I'm not taking it back," he ran his hand through his hair, "I bought them so we could spend a day together doing something you love."

"Ugh, you know I can't say no when you put it like that," you mumbled.

"Exactly," he smiled victoriously.

Half an hour later, you had laid a sheet down on the ground with Justin facing you. The easels sat in front of you both and were leaning against each other.

You bit your lip to stiffle your laughter at your attempt at a flower. The leaves were uneven, the stem looked like it was on steroids, and the whole thing was simply a mess.

You dipped your brush in the paint again, held your arm back, then jerked it forward, making the piant the brush held splatter all over the paper. You signed your initials sloppily on the corner of the paper and smiled at your masterpiece.

"I'm done," you called to Justin, still smiling.

"I need a few more seconds," Justin replied, "Done!"

You both stood up at the same time, holding your paintings towards you so the other couldn't see it.
"3, 2, 1..."

You both turned the artwork to each other and you almost dropped yours out of laughter.

"That's a nice flower," Justin said at the same time you said, "That's a nice cactus."

"It's not a cactus," Justin pouted.

"What is it then?" you squinted, trying to see if there was something hidden in it.

"It's you," he stuck his bottom lip out further.

You tilted your head, wondering if you should be offended or not.

"You see, there's your boobs," he pointed to the big high hump before pointing to the lower hump, "And there's your ass."

"Why am I blue and red then?"

"Because you had the brown paint," he smiled innocently, making you laughing.

Ten minutes later, Justin had hung up both the paintings beside the tv. You both stood back and admired your 'creative masterpieces'.

Justin slung his arm around your shoulders and kissed your temple.

Justin's drawing in multimedia :)