Chapter 14 ||Late Birthday Gift||

A/N: Look who's here finally? Me! *rolling eyes at myself* Yes, I'm here, finally with a chapter update I've written especially because tomorrow is going to be the first anniversary this book! I'm ever so thankful to God for His help and for all of you who reads and supports my story. Thanks for the 10k +! I love you all.

......

Caspian led his sister to the front balcony-platform of the hill. They had now changed into rather comfortable dressing, or to say, they took off their weapons and armor, and felt rather comfortable once it was off.

He sat down on the cliff, hanging his legs down and Cerlesta followed her brother's actions. She sat down close to him; she had been glued to his side all the way to here, because that much she missed his presence. Although, it was hard to say, who missed who the most.

“It's so beautiful, isn't it?” Cerlesta asked, leaning her head to Caspian's shoulder. “Breathtaking.”

“Yeah, it sure is.” Caspian sighed.

Cerlesta hugged his right arm she was leaned onto, squeezing it. That's when a thought hit her, his arm was injured! She suddenly lifted her head up and searched for the injury under his pierced sleeve, to see how bad it is.

“Didn't it hurt?” she asked, looking for the injury, only to get a confused look from Caspian. “I mean, didn't it hurt when I squeezed your arm? When I rested my he–”

“What exactly are you talking about?” Caspian asked cutting her off. He knew what exactly she was referring to, but acted as if he didn't.

Cerlesta tilted her head, the typical mothering sister rising in her. “You told me that our aunt shot you and your arm was bleeding! What are you talking about?” she asked, folding her arms across her chest.

“So, you were thinking that, Lucy's cordial healed only my hand? Really, Cery? Where's your brain?” Caspian took his chance to annoy her after how long it seemed to be like ages to him.

Oh. Cerlesta's mouth hung a bit open as she took her brother's words in. “You're right,” she said a bit surprised, “How come I didn't know that! Stupid me! Of course, the cordial heals every injury!” she chuckled at last in disbelief and slapped her hand over her head for her stupidity.

Caspian chuckled, “You're not stupid! You just needs me to remind you to use your brain; which you need to do most of the times.” he said.

She joined in the laughter, “You're right; yeah, you're always right.” she said, rolling her eyes. “So, tell me what exactly happened in home. How– why did our aunt shot you?” she asked, and her amused face fell all of a sudden. Even though she didn't want to end their happy mood, she wanted to know what happened and why her dear kind aunt shot her brother. Something she couldn't even imagine in her dreams.

Caspian sighed for the hundredth time of the day, “That can wait. First things first; I wanna sort everything out from the beginning and that's why we're here.” he said.

“Sort out?”

Caspian took a deep breath, “First of all, I'm so sorry I ruined your birthday–”

“Don't.” Cerlesta cut of her brother's words, “Don't apologize. Don't you think I know why you had to runaway? I'm not a little girl anyone, Caspian, you have to understand that.”

“Of course I understand that but you don't know how I'm feeling. I had so many plans; so many means, so much than I had for any other birthdays before. But everything –”