Chapter 10 ||Brother To The Rescue||

Lucy watched as the Narnian males biding farewells to their loved ones before leaving. She saw Glenstorm saying goodbye to his wife.

She looked at Peter who was standing few feet away from her. She looked with those hurt eyes and turned to make her way back to the How after confirming he has nothing to say.

Early she saw him but didn’t speak. She spoke with Caspian to see if he has changed his mind or not. She found him, changed his mind already.

She apologized for how Peter spoke to him, assuring that, “It isn’t the real Peter, he’s really a good person but he doesn’t like when someone speaks against what he believe as right.”

To which he responded, “It’s alright, I can understand. He’s the High King, so yeah, that means we must do as he says. I couldn’t think about anything else other than rescuing my sister from my uncle, ever since Peter played that ‘brother card’ on me.” He let out a small chuckle.

                           …..

Caspian sighed as his hand caught his gift for Cerlesta in his pocket. Determination overtook him as he glanced inside the pouch, revealing a silver blue crystal necklace. A pain, a longing, guiltiness, sadness, anger; his emotions were recognizable.

He forgot how much he missed her, but he knew, he missed her in every way, in every inch of second he spends. His heart raced and a grin spread across his lips at the thought of seeing her. Now the only thing in his mind was get there, save Cery, capture Miraz and take back their father’s throne.

That Brother Card really worked after all.

                           …..

As settled, they left to Miraz’s castle in the evening. Almost by the dead of night, they reached to the end of the nearest wood to the castle.

Caspian and the Pevensies with Trumpkin, went ahead first on Griffins. Edmund and his griffin flew ahead, reached safely on a watch tower roof after taking the guard who stood there.

Once the spot was surely clear, Edmund took out his torch from his waist and lit it, blinking it several times as a signal, towards the way he and his griffin came through.

Another four griffins came carrying Caspian, Peter, Susan and Trumpkin; once they saw Edmund’s signal. Seeing a guard on the nearby tower, Caspian’s griffin flew to him and Caspian seized him with his sword. The griffin held Caspian back to his position and flew forward by Caspian’s lead.

As they neared a platform where they are to land, Susan saw a guard aiming his crossbow to where Edmund stood, seeing the flash light. Susan took an awesome aim and let go of the arrow, from being held by the griffin. The arrow went straightly to the man from his back and he fell to the floor.
Soon they were landed there.

Another guard who was there, drew his sword and came to Peter, who managed him easily. Edmund saw them and breathed in relief, plan worked perfectly!

The next was to get inside unnoticed. Below the platform they stood, it was the professor’s bedroom. Therefore, with the help of a rope, they climbed down to the large window entrance one by one through the wall.

First Caspian landed, Peter came next. Caspian quietly knocked and called his name but no answer came. He chose to enter through the professor’s room instead of Cerlesta’s because it was much safer way to pass unnoticed.

The window was locked from inside. Caspian used his knife and unlocked. He was slightly shocked at the room’s untidy condition. It was very dark, many books and papers chattered on his (professor’s) bed and on the tables here and there.