Chapter 11 ||The Night Attack||

They reached down at the stables. Cerlesta and Cornelius made their way to the gate that led to outside, to the castle courtyard.

"Wait, where are you going, Cery?" asked the Professor, seeing her opening the gate.

"Nowhere, just to peek." She whispered, peeking through the narrow gap of gate.

"They are up to an attack," inhaled the Professor. Cerlesta looked back at him and walked over to him.

"Yes," she sighed, "And that's what worries me, about Caspian."

"Your brother is already a knight even though he yet needs to be knighted. He'll be fine." Professor assured. She nodded with a shaky breath.

"Is he..um, going to kill uncle?" she asked nervously.

"Ey, he won't do that, will he? I don't think so." Professor shrugged. Cerlesta hummed in response.

Suddenly, startling them, there came this sound of bell ringing.

"Oh no!" cried Cerlesta, covering her mouth in horror.
"That's the alarm! They are in danger!" her heart raced and she began breathing heavily.

She heard men shouting and running alerted,

"We're under attack!"

"Sound the alarm!"

"Men, Grab your bows!"

"We have to do something! Cas is in danger!" she cried and turned towards the gate.

Professor grabbed her arm, "You can't go there, Cery, that's even more dangerous." He stopped her.

"I don't care! My brother is in danger! I have to get him! We can't just stand here simply, well I can't!" she cried.

"Cery listen, what can you do to save him from whatever the danger is?" he asked calmly.

She stopped struggling, tears fell down from her eyes, "Maybe I can't save him but I don't want to live in this world without him. I want to be with him, if something happens to him, I want it to happen to me too. I..." she trailed off.

Professor embraced her, "Nothing will happen to him, Cer -"

"How can you say that in this horrible time while -" Cerlesta started, stopping as she heard a male voice yell.

"Now, Ed! Now! Signal the troops!" She gasped and looked towards the gate. She freed her arm from Professors grip and ran towards it.

"Cerlesta!" he called behind her. He thought she's going to the courtyard but she stopped at the gate and took a look through the gap.

"He sounds like... High King Peter!!" she whispered.

"Can you see anything?" asked Professor from behind.

"No one yet, only..." she stopped as her ear caught the clashing of the metals. She panicked. She could also hear some others' voices, footsteps and metal clashing.

"I can hear the gate opening!" she said.

Roars of men got nearer,

"Take your position!"

"We're under attack!"

Roars increased, included with howls and noises of animals.

"Narnians." She breathed.

"What?" asked the professor.

"Narnian troops! They've...they've come." She said.

"FOR NARNIA!" They heard a male voice yelling with power. Cerlesta's heart leaped at those words.