Chapter 1 ||Caspian and Cerlesta||

Published on: 23/03/2020 Monday

The 17 year old Crown Prince of Narnia was fighting back his laughter at his 13 years old sister’s defeated growling face expression. This was a regular thing between the both of them while playing Chess. As always his sister is defeated by him once again.

“ Oh! Stop it Cas!’’ Princess Cerlesta pouted, yelling at her brother who by now bursted into laughter.

Her yell made his laughter increase. Because her yelling wasn’t strong enough and she looks quite adorable whenever she’s mad. So Caspian purposely runs her to madness against himself because he loved how cute she looks.

“You’re too cute when you’re mad.’’ Commented Caspian.

“Ah, you always say that.’’ Cerlesta said, rolling her eyes.

“The more mas you get, the more cuter you look.” Caspian teased.

Hearing those words from her brother, Cerlesta gave him a childish, 'oh really?' kind of look and tilted her head sideways, “Then why don’t you give your cute little sister at least one chance to win?’’ she asked.

“I thought you’ll never ask.’’ Caspian shrugged.

“Is that a yes?” asked Cerlesta in excitement and Caspian nodded.

“Aww thanks Cas! So shall we play now?” asked Cerlesta, still in excitement.

“Now? Come on Cery, we’ve been playing chess today for 5 times without a break! Let’s play tomorrow or….tonight before bed. I promise to make you win!” Caspian said

“Cas…. I know you’ll keep your promise but I want to play now. You always beats me on chess, so winning might not be a big thing for you. But you see, I’ve never got a chance to win you and this is a lifetime opportunity for me. Just one more time, them we can have a break as long as you want, Please?” pleaded Cerlesta, giving him her best puppy eyes.

Caspian sighed. And Cerlesta’s face lit up as a familiar sigh escaped from him. She have always known, it means her brother is about to give up. “Alright Cery, I’m in.’’ Caspian said in defeat.

“Great,” cheered Cerlesta “Let’s play again.” Caspian chuckled at his little sister’s cheer and played chess again.

Sometimes later, Cerlesta found herself about to beat Caspian for the first time in ages. Her heart began to race in excitement as she watched Caspian loosing each men of his.

And finally she shouted victoriously with wide and bright smug smile on her face. She laughed when she heard her brother groan.

“Cut that smug look out, you little princess! I gave up so you could win, remember?” Caspian asked with fake serious look.

“Aww Caspian, aren’t you the sweetest brother in the world? Thank you, thank you, thank you!!” said Cerlesta in childish way as she jumped up from her chair. She walked to the other side of the table, jumped onto her brother’s lap and threw her arms around his neck.

“Well, what a brother am I if don’t make my precious little sister happy?” asked Caspian sarcastically and squeezed her. “Cas, I’m not little anymore!” complained Cerlesta, laughing as she squeezed him back.
“I- can’t- breath!” said Caspian dramaically, acting breathless. Cerlesta laughed,
“Am I not the best squeezer?” she asked as she loosened the squeeze.

“Uh, seems you are good in squeezing,” started Caspian Sarcastically, “as I am good in chess!” and completed with a smug smile.

Cerlesta groaned at his statement, “I bet you’re not as good as King Edmund!” she laughed.