Chapter 8 ||News about Caspian||

Cerlesta knocked at the door of her uncle and aunt’s suit.

“Come in,” her aunt’s voice called out. She took a deep breath and got in.

“Uh Cerlesta, it was you!” said Prunaprismia “I see, uncle called for you, right?”

She nodded, “Yes, where’s he?” she asked.

“Freshen up, he came back just some moments ago. Come sit, he’ll come now.” Prunaprismia said with a smile, motioning to the free spot next to her.

“Thanks,” Cerlesta said and took her seat, “What’s the matter? Did he have any news about Caspian?” she asked.

Prunaprismia shrugged, “He didn’t tell any details to me, but he gave the topic, it’s a news about Caspian –”

Cerlesta cut her off, “They...found him?” she asked.

Prunaprismia frowned, “Honey, I don’t think it’s a pleasant news at all. Well on one hand it is, he’s alive and s-safe but on the other hand….” She stopped when she noticed the door of their bedroom opened and her husband coming out.

Cerlesta stood up as she saw him, “Hello uncle,” she greeted him with a plastered fake smile. She began to hate him ever since she learned the truth from the Professor.

“Uh Cerlesta!” he exclaimed, “You’re in time!”

“Hush! Not that loud, the baby’s asleep!” hissed Prunaprismia.

Miraz Chuckled, “Oh I must get used to that or perhaps, he should.” Prunarismia rolled her eyes. He took a cup, filled wine and sat opposite to them.

“How was your journey to Beruna?” asked Cerlesta.

“My journey was fine, but something dreadful happened to my men in Beruna.” He said, taking a sip from his wine.

“Dreadful? You didn’t mention that to me!” argued Prunaprismia.

“No, I only mentioned about Caspian.” He shrugged.

“What’s about Caspian?” Cerlesta asked, hoping they didn’t got him.

“Oh yes! About Caspian, I have dreadful happy news for you.” He said. For the first time ever, Cerlesta felt uncomfortable before her uncle.

“Um… wh-what’s that?” she asked.

“Well,” he leaned forward with a devilish look on his face, “Didn’t I tell you, both of you just yesterday, that Caspian is abducted by Narnians? well I apologize for that because that isn’t the truth,” he paused.

Cerlesta went pale; her hand began to tremble as her heard hammered inside her. ‘What is he going to say? I don’t want him to tell me the truth! I fear, I’ll do something to him which will make him to turn against me, I can’t control myself if he’s going to tell me!’ Cerlesta’s mind screamed, her eyes smoldered.

Miraz straightened himself in his chair and continued, “I only came to realize it just today. Yesterday night, your beloved brother led an army of bloody Narnians to Beruna, to the worksite. Three men were killed at the attack and weapons for two regiments were stolen. I know you can’t believe me, I would haven’t known or believed either if it wasn’t for the message he left at the door of the cart that had weapons in it,” he paused again.

“Message? What message?” asked Cerlesta alerted, swallowing her hardness.

“The message was; ‘You were right to fear the woods, X’ , ‘X’ means Caspian the Tenth, isn’t it?” he asked.