Chapter 4 ||A Sad Birthday||

The sounds of the fireworks waked up the sleeping princess with a fright. She went pale and gripped her covers in both hands tightly. She thought it is a thunderstorm, she wished if her brother was with her, she had nothing to fear.

Then she noticed, 'how thunders will come without lightening?’ She slowly gets down her bed and put on her slippers. She also noticed that this clashing sound is different from the thunders.

She walked to her large window, grabbing her cloak. She opened it wide, a cold breeze send her shivers down to spine.

She put her head out and looked the sky, “Fireworks?” she asked herself, then suddenly came to realize of her new cousin’s arrival, “Finally!” she exclaimed in happiness.

“Isn’t Cas awakened yet? He always uses come over here to make me comfortable while it thunders. Oh shut it, Cerlesta! This isn’t any thunderstorm, only fireworks. Your brother isn’t a fool like you to think it’s thundering!" She scolds herself sarcastically.

“Anyway, I’m going to see if Cas is still in a deep sleep, ignoring all these noises or not.” She said to herself chuckling as she slowly opened the door, peering inside. She was slightly shocked when she didn’t found him on bed.

“Cas?” she called as she walked to his bed. She noticed the torn curtain of his bed.

She frowned, “Caspian!” she called again, loudly this time but no response came. She sensed something was wrong, 'He would never leave his bed in the dead of night, would he? No, only if the professor calls to go to the great tower, but never without me.' Cerlesta thought.

(The arrows, which the men of Glozelle shot, were not there. They took all away from his bed by Miraz’s orders because he don’t want to let Cerlesta find out anything about this.)

Her heart began to beat faster as it has never beaten before, she searched all over his room, his balcony, wardrobe…..yes wardrobe, and where she found the door to secret passage was opened.

“What on earth does this all means?” she cried in frustration, throwing her hands in the air.

“I have to find the professor!” she said to herself as she rushed out of his room.

She also searched all over the suit they both shared, which only helped her to worry more. She rushed out of their suit and ran through the hallway.

As she took her turn to right, she bumped into a soft wall. She looked up and blinked tearful eyes continually several times but quickly, “Fersia!” she realized.

“Your highness!” Fersia, her maid exclaimed in surprise, “What a surprise! I see the fireworks woke you up. I was heading to your room to call you as you requested whenever your cous…..” Fersia trailed off as she noticed there was not interests from the princess and…….her cheeks with TEARS?!

“Your highness, what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” she asked with alerted concern.

“Th-That’s why I’m here, I couldn’t find Caspian!” said Cerlesta.

“What? But……. Did your highness search everywhere?” asked Fersia.

“Of course I did! I looked all over in our suit! He’s not there. Fersy, I’m afraid.” Cerlesta said.

“I’m sure his highness will be here somewhere in the castle. Don’t worry.” Said Fersia, comforting her.

“You don’t understand, do you? I can feel it, he’s in some kind of trouble! We must alert the King, my uncle, now!” said Cerlesta.