Chapter 7 ||The Shocking Truth||

Here's a long chapter with 4170 words.

On her way back to Restriel, where she had tied her to a tree, Cerlesta heard her name being called again.

“Here, I’m coming!" She shouted back, mounting her horse. Once she reached to the guard who shouted her name, she dismounted.

“Oh you’re here, your highness! King Miraz would have had my head cut off if I hadn’t found you now.” The man breathed in relief.

“Oh I’m sorry I scared you, I was enjoying the woods.” She apologized.

“Enjoying the woods?!” exclaimed that man in shock.

“Don’t worry, I just took a view from out, didn’t enter.” She said, “Did my uncle called for me?”

“Not yet, I just wanted to check on you, he left me in charge of you here.” He said.

“Oh that’s so kind of him. So being in charge of me here, would you mind escorting me to him? I didn’t see the bridge and the breath taking view of the ford and surroundings.” She asked him as she mounted her horse again.

“With pleasure, your highness. By the way, you don’t have to ask, just say it.” He said.

She laughed slightly, “That’s not my kind, um..What’s your name? I don’t remember seeing you before.” She asked him.

“I’m Rhince, my lady. And I believe, maybe you have been so busy to notice me or other non-popular guards.” Rhince said sarcastically.

“So busy to notice

“So busy to notice.” She repeated his words sarcastically and laughed. He joined the laughter,

“But, his highness Caspian your brother wasn’t that busy at all to notice us. He knows me. We’ve trained together; and I’ve seen you too, several times practicing your archery skills nearby where we trained. The Prince would never stop adoring you until captain demands to focus on what he’s doing.” Cerlesta chuckled slightly, her grin melted into a frown as she thought about Caspian, she inhaled deeply.

Rhince noticed her frown and apologized, “I’m sorry I brought up your brother’s matter. I didn’t mean to upset you, you know?”

“No, you haven’t upset me at all. I just…miss him so much, terribly.” She sighed painly.

“I curse those bloody Narnians,” he grinded his teeth, “If I ever get a chance to see one, I’ll kill it.”

Cerlesta bit her bottom lips, “But how can we be sure that Narnians did this?”

“How can we be sure? Your highness, aren’t those proofs enough for you? And you better not ask this to your uncle, princess. Try not to doubt whatever he says.” His voice turned into a whisper as they reached the worksite.