Chapter 12 ||The White Witch||

“Cery, we’re here. Wake up.” She heard her brother’s voice and felt a soft patting on her arms. She hummed questioningly.

“We’re nearing Aslan’s How.” He said.

Aslan? Oh yes, Aslan’s How. How did I forget everything?’ she thought as she lifted her head up from resting on Caspian’s back, taking the view in. She rubbed her eyes and yawned. She pulled her cloak tightly around her to cover herself from the cold.

“Morning already? Wait, are we in the woods?” she asked with widened eyes.

“Yes, did you sleep any better?.”

“Caspian! Why didn’t you wake me some moments before? I wanted to examine the woods clearly!” she complained.

“At least, I woke you now. I didn’t want to interrupt your sleep. But look, we are not yet there, you have five more minutes to enjoy the view.” He said. They were ridding rather slow pace.

“Oh, good.” She turned back and there was no one, ‘We are the last ones, maybe.’ She thought. She straightened herself and looked ahead. That’s when she saw the Narnians clearly. Centaurs, Fauns, Dwarves, a Minotaur. King Peter, Professor Cornelius, Queen Susan on a Centaur’s back...wait! Oh yes, King Edmund was on a Griffin.

“We’re still the last.” She muttered.

“I thought it’s better to ride in low speed with you on my back, asleep.” Caspian said.

“Aww that’s so sweet of you, brother.” She hugged him, “You’re pretty tired, I can sense it.”

“Yeah, I am.” Caspian winced, stretching his shoulders. “Shall we catch up to the others, now?”

“Why not? Yeah, let’s.” she said. They catch up with the others, she got a warm smile from Susan who looked back and caught Cerlesta’s gaze.

The whole party was silent and all looked gloomy. Cerlesta frowned at the midnight memory; the buzz sounds of arrows, the cries of the Narnian’s, the gate shut close upon a Minotaur….all those things that she witnessed was the most strangest thing in her life.

She was pulled back from all these thoughts as soon as an open field’s view caught her emerald eyes. By each steps of Destrier, the sight became clearer and clearer and finally came out of the woods to this spacious field.

“Is this it?” she asked amazed.

“Yes, you like it?”

“Not really, I LOVE IT!” she breathed.

Soon she heard a horn blast, “What’s that?” she asked.

“What? The sound? That’s a horn blast to let the Narnians in the How know of our return.” He said before inhaling deeply.

“I think I know how you feel, I feel it too, thinking that those innocent ones had to sacrifice their lives in our home, fighting for us.” She said.

“Yeah, but it’s very different for me.”

“Why?”

“It’s just… uh, never mind.” He said.

Cerlesta bit her lips, it made her eyes wet hearing her brother sounded hurt and sad. Her eyes darted to the sky, hearing a loud Eagle cry. She saw a Griffin flying ahead and landing after circling with Edmund on his back. Soon they reached up to where he stood.

Caspian dismounted and helped his sister to dismount. She cleared her cloak and slipped her small hand to Caspian’s strong ones. They walked to the Professor to help him.