-1-

"No. It's not happening."

"But why? You'd be perfect for this role," Chani complained. He'd been rejected by Taeyang multiple times already. 

Taeyang's never really been into acting. He's only ever had one gig and even then, it wasn't a big role. He's always preferred his dancing and singing over acting like something he wasn't. Chani and Seokwoo both  started bothering Taeyang about the audition the day before, but they brought it up any chance they got. Taeyang had no idea what the drama was about, and he could care less.

The two boys were sitting on the couch waiting for Seokwoo to bring them popcorn. Taeyang held a ROKU remote in his hands and was flipping through Netflix.

"Why don't one of you act in it?" Taeyang asked. "You're both actors. You could do it."

"That's because we've already rejected auditioning for the role. We told them that we'd find another person to audition: You," Chani explained. "What's so bad about acting?"

"Nothing. I don't have the time to gain an acting gig. In a couple of weeks, our album is coming out, plus I've already posted that I'm going to release two new dance vids this week and another two next week. I still need to record."

"Sounds like useless excuses to me," Chani replied.

"Maybe you should have asked me first before saying I was going to audition," Taeyang responded dryly.

"Have you looked at the script yet?" Seokwoo asked, making an entrance.

He set the popcorn on Taeyang's lap and sat beside Chani. He wrapped his arm around the younger's waist, and practically pulled the boy on top of him. Chani was unphased by this motion, too set on getting Taeyang to accept the role.

"Nope," Taeyang said, welcoming himself to a handful of popcorn.

"At least audition," Chani said. "If you don't get the role, that's okay. But if you do . . ." Chani smiled suggestively at Taeyang.

"The auditions are a week from now," Seokwoo added. "All you have to do is practice in your free time. Plus, the drama itself is only a 12 episode web drama, so it won't take nearly as long to film as your average drama."

"I'm still not auditioning," Taeyang said. 

Seokwoo shrugged. "I guess we'll find out, won't we?"

Taeyang rolled his eyes and slightly shook his head. He couldn't understand why they were so set on getting him to audition. He turned on a show he knew they both loved so they'd stop talking about it.

🎥🎬

"I don't get it," Dawon said. "What's wrong with auditioning?"

"Why is everyone so set on getting me to audition for this drama?" Taeyang retorted, slight annoyance in his voice. Seokwoo and Chani just had to get Dawon involved. 

Dawon shrugged. He then reached into the trashcan to retrieve the script Taeyang disposed of. He flipped through the pages, making odd noises and remarks in the process. 

"Spicy," he drawled after he finished. He rolled it up and tossed it at Taeyang's head hitting him spot on. Taeyang glared at him as he rubbed the spot on his forehead. "Did you even read the script before throwing it away?" Dawon accused. 

"Nope," Taeyang answered. He laid back on his bed and went to throw the script right back where Dawon got it from. 

"At least read it first," Dawon said, shaking his head in disapproval. He grabbed it back out of the trashcan and threw it at Taeyang again. Taeyang huffed and sitting back up, he unrolled the script. He read the title page then looked at his roommate. 

"This is a BL," was the only thing Taeyang got out of what he read. So many thoughts flooded his head at once. His friends wanted him to act in a BL kdrama-

Dawon nodded. "Congratulations, you can read."

"I'm straight." 

"It's just acting," his roommate said. "The viewers don't care if your actually gay or not."

"What about Fantasy?"

Dawon gave him a look that said What are you? Dumb?  "They know Inseong and Jaeyoon are together, and you're asking if they'll care if you act in a BL? Just keep reading." He sounded so disappointed.  

Taeyang gave him a cautious look, but went on to read the summary. After a moment, he said, "So long story short, a dancer gets bullied, and some other guy defends him. Sounds cliché."

"Maybe it is, but this is the kind of stuff people watch these days," Dawon said. "Just audition. That's all you have to do. You might not even get the role."

Taeyang contemplated this. Of course, he had every right to say no, but he knew that they'd all be up his ass about it forever. He sighed. "Alright, I'll audition." It wasn't like he was going to get the role in the first place. 

"You have to actually try." Dawon squinted his eyes at the other, unsure whether to believe Taeyang will actually audition. 

Taeyang just waved him off. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever."