-23-

Taeyang needed to get Hwiyoung alone.

"Wow, this place is huge," Juho said.

"It's literally our two dorms thrown into one," Chani answered.

"How many rooms are there?" Inseong asked.

"There are five rooms. One of you get your own room," their manager answered.

Seokwoo wrapped his arms around Chani's neck and grinned. "I call Chani as a roommate!" he said.

The manager nodded. "I'll let you guys decide. Taeyang, I need to speak with you."

Taeyang glanced at Hwiyoung. The younger still wasn't looking at him. He felt a pang in his chest. He bit his lip and followed the manager outside of the dorm. Taeyang knew exactly what the manager wanted to talk about. 

"I don't know what happened last night, and honestly, I don't want to know, but you need to get control of yourself. Making out with Hwiyoung in the practice room-"

Taeyang felt his cheeks warm up. "Manager-"

"No, let me finish," SF9's manager said sternly. "Don't break the band up and don't ruin SF9's image. You're lucky Fantasy is okay with the relationships you all have with each other, like Inseong and Jaeyoon for example, but there's only so much that can happen before you lose them all. The incident with Jaejin was unfortunate, and hopefully when we release the article tomorrow, it will all be cleared up."

Taeyang didn't know how to respond, so he just nodded.

"As you know, they're putting the drama on hold so they can find a replacement for Jaejin. If anyone asks you anything, deny everything mentioned about you and Jaejin. Lay low until the fan-sign in a few days. Understand?"

"Yes, sir," Taeyang said. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Manager said. Then he gave a slight smile. "I recommend you go talk to Hwiyoung. Clear up some things."

Taeyang bowed his head and stepped back into the dorm.

Jaejin had kissed him. It wasn't his fault, but he couldn't help feeling like it was.

"Hey, where'd Hwiyoung go?" Taeyang asked.

"Balcony," Dawon answered while distracted in a ping pong match with Jaeyoon.

Taeyang grabbed the small cupcake he had gotten for Hwiyoung out of the fridge and went in search of the balcony Dawon had been referring to. He found it at the end of the hall in one of the bedrooms.

Hwiyoung was standing at the far end of the balcony, leaning against the railing staring at the city below them. He didn't look at Taeyang when the older set the cake on the table and took a place beside him. It was a chilly night, but Taeyang could feel the body heat radiating from Hwiyoung's body. It was comforting, but it didn't take away any of the guilt he felt in the pit of his stomach.

Taeyang spoke first. "I'm sorry."

"You don't need to apologize," Hwiyoung said. "It wasn't your fault."

"I know you're mad about it."

"No, I'm not mad," Hwiyoung said, his tone the opposite of his words. "I'm jealous. I should have properly confessed when I had the chance.

"I already know how you feel," Taeyang revealed.

The corner of the brunette's mouth lifted. "I'm that obvious, huh?"

"Not really, actually. It took me a while to put the pieces together," Taeyang admitted. He had been trying to lighten the mood and it seemed to be working.

Hwiyoung turned to Taeyang, so only one arm was holding him up against the railing. "The drama was my idea,"

Taeyang eyes went wide with surprise. "What?"

"The members helped me convince you to audition after I got the role for Byeongho. It was my way of seeing if there was any chance you could feel the same way about me," Hwiyoung explained. All Taeyang could do was stare at his band-mate. He was having trouble comprehending the whole conversation. The brunette continued, "After the first month, I almost lost hope. I knew you would do would work as hard as you could to do the best of your job."

"So none of this was just acting for you?"

"Well, I mean, I'm not a bully," Hwiyoung said.

"You know what I mean."

Hwiyoung shook his head. "No, but if you never ended up liking me back, I was going to say it was all just acting."

It made sense why he was always saying it was just acting whenever Taeyang asked about the kiss.

"Clearly, your plan worked, though," Taeyang said.

Hwiyoung took Taeyang's hand in his. "I know and I'm wondering if I'll wake up and this will all be a dream. But can I ask you something?" he asked. The other nodded. "Today's my birthday . . . so can I kiss you?"

"Are you sure you don't me to smear food all over my face first?" Taeyang countered referring to the cupcake on the table and bringing back the memory from Theo and Keeho's live.

Hwiyoung laughed. "So, is that a yes?"

"You don't need to ask," Taeyang said. He leaned forward and their lips met halfway.