-5-

The meeting went like this:

The man introduced himself as Director Choi, then introduced the rest of the staff members. "I know you all won't remember everyone's names, but we'll get there. I want all of you to introduce yourselves now, stating your name, occupation, and the role you will be playing," he explained. He looked directly at Hwiyoung first. "Youngkyun?"

Hwiyoung glanced at Taeyang and smiled. The other managed a smile back. "I'm Kim Youngkyun, but I prefer Hwiyoung. I'm a member of the Kpop boy group, SF9," he paused to make eye-contact with Taeyang, "and I play Park Byeongho." 

A strangled noise came from Taeyang's throat. Park Byeongho was the name of the other lead character. He suddenly put the pieces together. No wonder Hwiyoung hadn't used a script all that time they had practiced the multiple scenes. And he wasn't there at the dorm that morning. Taeyang wasn't sure if he should be concerned or relieved. 

"Taeyang, would you like to go next?" Director Choi asked. 

He nodded and took a deep breath. "I'm Yoo Taeyang, also a member of the Kpop boy group SF9, and I play Lee Kyong."

He saw a blue haired girl lean towards the director and not-so-subtly say, "Is it smart to have the two leads be a part of the same group?" Choi waved her off, and answered, "It's alright, Raya. Their company said it would be good for them." The girl looked back and forth between the two leads then decided that the wall was more interesting. 

After everyone else introduced themselves (turned out Jaejin was going to play Kyong's best friend), the director went on explaining the schedule. They wouldn't start filming for another three weeks, giving the cast time to memorize the script, change their physical appearance to fit their roles, and allowing Hwiyoung and Taeyang time to focus on SF9's album coming out in only a couple of days. 

Raya then began passing out pieces of paper to everyone. "These are your contracts," the director said. "Be sure to read them carefully before you sign. You will be unable to back out unless you've been caught in a scandal that could harm the show, or if you have been injured and need medical attention, or we fire you. If you do not want to play your roles, speak now or forever hold your peace." He gave one more stern look to each actor before letting his other right-hand man pass out pens to each actor. 

Taeyang read ever single word of the contract, being sure to not leave a single thing out. He wanted to be completely prepared. One section caught his eye. 

By signing this contract, you are agreeing to participate in any intimate act with any of the other actors while filming (kissing, touching, etc.). You will not complain, and you will follow the directions given . . .

To keep it short, he signed the contract with reluctance and decided not to think about it. 

Now, as he stepped out of the building with Hwiyoung, he felt grateful. And conflicted. 

Fortunately, the other lead was his band-mate; someone he was close to and has known for years, and he wasn't some complete stranger. 

On the other hand, as he looked at the script, he realized he would have to kiss said band-mate more times than he'd like to count. 

Three. He only had to kiss Hwiyoung three times. One of those times was supposed to be a make-out scene. 

It couldn't possibly be that bad. They kissed each other before. Sure, it was on the cheek and forehead, but what could be so different when it came to kissing on the lips? 

"Sorry, I didn't tell you," Hwiyoung apologized as they climbed into the car that would take them back to the dorms. Jaejin wasn't driving them back. The new driver didn't say a word to either of them as he shut the door behind them. 

"About auditioning?" 

"Well, actually, I was never really planning on auditioning in the first place. But Chani had shown me the script, and I thought it sounded interesting, and since I had no other acting gigs, I figured I'd memorize the script for the hell of it." Hwiyoung shrugged as if memorizing a BL script was a perfectly normal thing to do in your free time. 

"How'd you get the role then?" Taeyang asked. "And why'd you accept it?"

"Rowoon had sent in that video of the first time we had acted together, the scene with the kabedon. Just like he said, the producer and director said we'd have good chemistry on screen, so they called me and here we are." 

The blonde rubbed the back of his neck avoiding Taeyang's's eyes. He continued, "They also didn't think you'd be able to do as well with someone you didn't know. And since it's your first time as a lead, I thought I'd act along with you, so you can get the hang of it in case any future offers come up."

"And you're fine with the kissing and all that?" the purple-haired male asked. He felt the heat in his cheeks from just asking the question.

Hwiyoung just shrugged. "I'm fine with it as long as you are. And you?"

"I'm fine with it as long as you are," Taeyang echoed. But was he really?

--------------------

a/n: there aren't a lot of Korean BLs that have make-out scenes, but i gotta get the spice in there somehow🙃