-9-

Taeyang pushed Hwiyoung away for the seventh time that morning. They'd been practicing the same scene they had managed to do just the previous night until . . . Hwiyoung turned weird, that is.

Sometimes, Taeyang would successfully complete the scene. Other times, Taeyang would think of how close they are to kissing, then completely lose all ability to speak. It was a long process, but Taeyang would just have to get through the scene one more time in front of the camera.

What Hwiyoung had done the night before had been messing with Taeyang's head since. He didn't know why. It's not like anything actually happened. Plus, they'd have to kiss at some point. More than once.

The real, most obvious problem, though, was there was some part deep down that had wanted Hwiyoung to kiss him. That was a whole other situation in itself, and Taeyang didn't want to think about it.

Taeyang caught his breath as he stepped away from the wall and past his bandmate. This last time of practicing was one of the times when Taeyang would forget what he's supposed to say and just stop breathing in general. At least, he didn't fall to the floor for protection.

Taeyang had gotten through the first Kabedon scene just fine. He was beginning to realize that this whole drama was beginning to take a different turn than when it started. In fact, even Hwiyoung was beginning to treat him different.

Hwiyoung had always been clingy and a little flirty when it came to Taeyang, but lately, it seemed Hwiyoung had raised the whole flirty side of him another notch.

"Hey, thanks for the help," Taeyang told Hwiyoung, pocketing his phone then checking his reflection to make sure his hair was sufficient enough to be out in public. Not that it really mattered since his hair would be redone on set. He just wanted an excuse not to look at the other male in the room.

"You're welcome," Hwiyoung said with an enthusiastic grin.

He walked over behind Taeyang and reached towards Taeyang's waist. Taeyang flinched, but Hwiyoung didn't seem to notice because he still went on to pull on Taeyang's shirt, fixing the wrinkles that had developed across the area. His hand brushed Taeyang's abdomen, and hovered there for a second before he brought it back to his own side.

"Thanks," Taeyang mumbled. He smiled. "Um, I'm gonna go see if Youngbin is still driving us to the school . . . still." He was too unsettled to correct his double usage of the word "still."

"Hey, wait, do you wanna crash Keeho's live later?" Hwiyoung asked, grabbing Taeyang's hand, stopping him from leaving the room. Taeyang turned slightly and looked at the brunette from the corner of his eye. He felt a buzz shoot up his arm at the contact. "He told me he was having one after we get back from the interview, and that we're welcome to join," Hwiyoung explained. 

Taeyang nodded. "Yeah, okay." Hwiyoung let go of his hand.

Things could still be normal, Taeyang told himself.

Will they, though?

🎬🎥

When Youngbin pulled up to the school, he turned to the two passengers. "We have an interview at 4," he said. "The manager said he already set up a ride for you."

Hwiyoung lifted his head off of Taeyang's shoulder. "Yes, sir," He said with a salute. He climbed out of the car and stood beside it waiting for Taeyang to exit.

Taeyang shook his head. "I'll catch up," he said.

Hwiyoung glanced at Youngbin then nodded. "Alright."

When Hwiyoung was gone, Taeyang met Youngbin's gaze in the review mirror. Youngbin had an eyebrow raised.

"Have you noticed anything different about him lately?" Taeyang asked.

"Who? Hwiyoung?"

The other nodded. "Yeah. He just seems--I don't know--odd?"

Youngbin turned around in his seat. He leaned against the console beside him and rested his chin on his hand. "How so?"

"Well, he . . ." He paused. He wasn't going to tell him about how he's been more flirty than usual. Or about the kiss that probably would have happened if Taeyang didn't say anything.

"Go on," Youngbin prodded.

"Nevermind, actually," Taeyang said, deciding that explaining all of that would just lead to disaster. "Um, see you later."

"Okay then," Youngbin replied, seemingly confused, but clearly hiding something.

Taeyang almost asked him what he knew, but instead climbed out of the car and watched SF9's leader drive away.

Hwiyoung was talking to Sarang, the actor that'll play Dojin's girlfriend, when Taeyang got to where they were recording. They were laughing about something, so he decided to leave them alone and went to go find Jaejin.

Jaejin was helping staff set up cameras inside the school's dance studio. He was already dressed up in his Dojin attire, his bright pink hair styled to the side.

Taeyang tried looking at Jaejin from Kyong's perspective as he had done the night before with Hwiyoung. He couldn't bring himself to be physically attracted to the pink-haired male. The feelings he had felt the previous night weren't there.

Raya suddenly stepped out in front of Taeyang interrupting his thoughts, a pile of folded clothing in her arms. "Hi, Kyong," she said, her mouth a flat line and her eyebrows in a permanent V. Taeyang wondered if the woman had ever smiled a day in her life.

"Glad you could make it," Raya said flatly. Taeyang realized he had forgotten to respond. "Here are your clothes. Go to the dressing rooms and change, then head to the makeup area. You and Byeongho will be on in at least 15 minutes." She dropped the clothing into Taeyang's arms and walked away without another word.

In the makeup room, Sarang was getting a wig situated over her bright red hair. He didn't see Hwiyoung anywhere. He took the seat next to the female.

Taeyang didn't know much about Sarang. All he knew was that she wasn't much younger than him, and she had acted in multiple of other dramas before this one. He'd seen a few advertisements for the dramas she had been in before. If he remembered correctly, she had also played in a GL kdrama. But she was completely straight, which was revealed after the drama had been released.

A girl came and started messing with his hair, making it flat and straight, so it hung over his forehead. Sarang looked at him. "Kyong," she greeted.

"Jia," Taeyang answered, remembering what her character's name was.

"I don't think we've properly met, have we?" Sarang said.

"No, we haven't gotten the chance," Taeyang said.  "I've seen the scenes you've done with Dojin, though. Think you could give me a couple of pointers?" He smiled at her. She returned it.

"I'd be happy to, but I can't now. Byeongho and I have a scene to do before yours. Meet me after work, and I can give you my number," she said. By now, her brown wig had been situated to look just like it was her natural hair.

Taeyang nodded. "Okay, I'll meet you at the entrance."

"Great," Sarang said before leaving the room. "Oh, and I have a little sister who would like your autograph. Her name is Seong Min." She gave a little wave then stepped out the door.

Taeyang watched her leave. He sighed as the same person who had messed with his hair began applying makeup to his face. 

--------------------

a/n: so, in a chapter sometime in the future, Taeyang will do a live. he will answer any questions you guys drop down in the comments ;)