-19-

"Why are there so many of these scenes?" Taeyang complained as he went under Hwiyoung's arm and stepped away from the wall.

Hwiyoung lowered his arm and turned to Taeyang. "There's only three," he said. "And they can't be that bad."

The older gave him a blank look. "You aren't the one being pressed up against a wall."

Taeyang didn't mind the kabedon in general. But his heart couldn't handle much more, and he'd rather not die from the act. 

"I wouldn't mind being pushed against a wall by you," the brunette said. 

"You . . ." Taeyang didn't know what to say. Heat rose to his cheeks. "You have no filter, do you?"

Hwiyoung laughed and shrugged. "I'm kidding," he said. "But I do get through life just fine without the constant use of a filter."

Taeyang shook his head. Every little flirty move Hwiyoung did or every little flirty thing he said now that Taeyang knew for sure he liked Hwiyoung, made his stomach do somersaults and his heart want to break free of his rib-cage. 

The magenta-haired male folded up the script he held in his hand and threw it in the corner of the room. Currently, they were in the dance practice room. Taeyang slid down the wall until his bottom hit the floor and leaned back with his eyes closed. As per usual, Hwiyoung suggested they practice whatever scene Taeyang was bound to struggle with. It was their last day off, and once again the drama had taken over his life. 

Hwiyoung joined him on the ground, and together they sat there in silence. 

"I have a confession," Hwiyoung said less than a minute later. 

Only one thing came to Taeyang's mind in that second. He's going to say he likes me.

"What is it?" Taeyang responded, opening his eyes and looking at the younger. 

"I'm gay," Hwiyoung told him. 

Not the kind of confession Taeyang was hoping for.

"You like guys," Taeyang stated. He was honestly a little disappointed. Hwiyoung didn't specifically say he liked him. For some reason, Taeyang needed that confirmation before he did anything himself. 

"I believe that's what the word means, yes," Hwiyoung replied. 

Taeyang's mind blanked. What else was he supposed to say? 

"I'm glad you told me," is what he settled on. 

"Really?"

"Yeah. We're close. I would have been offended if you didn't tell me."

Hwiyoung smiled at him. Taeyang always liked the brunette's gummy smiles. Now it hit different. Taeyang couldn't help but smile back. 

"So, how'd you figure out?" he asked. 

"I'm not completely sure," Hwiyoung admitted. "I guess hanging out with Jaeyoon and Inseong had opened new windows for me. I'd never really found girls attractive, but I never thought that a guy could be appealing to me. And then I found one who was. I guess technically, I'm gay for only one person."

They made eye contact. "Who?" Taeyang asked. He bit his lip in anticipation then reversed the action. Would Hwiyoung think his lip-biting was "hot" too?

Hwiyoung didn't tell him who, though. "I'll tell you when the time's right," he said.

"When's that?"

"Once I'm sure he feels the same way," Hwiyoung told him. 

Hwiyoung needed confirmation just like Taeyang. And because Taeyang wasn't as obvious, Hwiyoung was hesitant. Taeyang needed to either confess or make it clear he felt the same way. 

Before he could say anything, Hwiyoung pushed himself up and held a hand out to him. "Now that I've got that out of the way, I feel lighter." He licked his lip, and Taeyang saw it. Were all actions with the bottom lip attractive? Taeyang forced the thought away. He blamed Sarang for this thought process. 

"We should continue practicing this to avoid embarrassing yourself again," Hwiyoung continued. 

Taeyang rolled his eyes as he took the younger's hand. "I don't embarrass myself."

"I'll say you're right to make you feel better about yourself." Hwiyoung grinned. Dropping Taeyang's hand, he walked over and grabbed the script the elder had thrown earlier. 

"Wow, thank you so much," Taeyang sarcastically said as he accepted the script from Hwiyoung. 

Taeyang wasn't so good at memorizing the whole script, so he still needed his. Hwiyoung had his parts remembered. 

"Can we just skip the whole wall thing?" Taeyang suggested. 

"How about we switch roles instead?" Hwiyoung proposed. "That way I can show you how it's done."

Taeyang thought about it, ignoring Hwiyoung's playful insult. Finally he decided that it probably won't be so bad. 

"Okay," he said then asked after he offered to let Hwiyoung see the script, too, "You know my lines?"

Hwiyoung shrugged. "Sometimes, it comes in handy."

Taeyang cleared his throat and flipped to the page. He quickly read through the page. It wasn't too hard to get some of the lines down. He looked at Hwiyoung. "You know you feel the same way," he said. 

"No," was Hwiyoung's response. 

Taeyang took a step towards him--Hwiyoung stepped back. "Yeah, you do."

"You're a royal pain in the ass. Why would I possibly like you?"

"Kiss me, and if you don't really feel anything, I'll believe you."

"How is that going to prove anything?" Hwiyoung asked. At this point, the brunette back was against the wall and Taeyang stood directly in front of him. 

"See? Your hesitance says it all," Taeyang countered. 

Hwiyoung clenched his jaw, made eye-contact, raised his hand and gave Taeyang the middle finger before pushing the elder away from him. 

Taeyang couldn't put what he had been thinking into words when he dropped his script, reached out to Hwiyoung, and kissed him. There was no kiss in the specific scene they were working on. 

It was a soft peck, a gentle connection of the lips. And once Taeyang realized what he did, he pulled away. "Sorry," he said without looking at the male in front of him. He wasn't really sorry. He had no reason to be sorry, so why did he apologize? 

"I'm not," Hwiyoung replied, cupping Taeyang's chin and pulling him back into the kiss. 

Taeyang heard his pulse pound in his ears. He gripped Hwiyoung's waist as Hwiyoung tangled his hands in Taeyang's hair and deepened the kiss. This was no longer just a soft peck. 

They quickly fell into a rhythm as if they had done just this a million times before. It was amazing how natural it felt. 

One of Hwiyoung's hands traveled from Taeyang's hair, down his neck, past his chest, to the middle of his abdomen. He scrunched up the sweatshirt fabric in his hand and pulled Taeyang closer. Taeyang nibbled at Hwiyoung's bottom lip causing a soft sigh to escape the younger's lips. Taeyang smiled into the kiss. What had he been so afraid of?

Then someone cleared their throat behind them. They pulled away from each other, slightly out of breath and turned to their two-person audience. It was their manager and Inseong. 

Taeyang hadn't even thought about the fact that anyone could walk into the room whenever they wanted. He glanced at Hwiyoung and could see that the brunette was just as flustered as he was. 

Taeyang couldn't bring himself to look either of them in the eye, but he saw Inseong and their manager in the doorway, their manager with a raised eyebrow and Inseong with a large grin.

"Took you long enough," Inseong said.