-12-

"I understand you two are a part of a popular boy band?" a woman with long blonde hair said with an American accent. She had introduced herself as Emily. 

Hwiyoung and Taeyang were in the FNC dance studio. The woman stood in front of them, hands on her hips. She was known throughout both America and Korea for helping out with choreography in a variety of genres. 

"That's right," Taeyang said. 

"SF9, right? I have never heard of you guys until just a couple of months ago. You're both dancers then?"

"Yes, ma'am," Hwiyoung answered. 

"Ok then." She clasped her hands together and walked in a circle around the two. When she stopped in front of them, she said, "Since both of you are here, we should begin with the couple dances. Then we will move on to the individual dances you will be doing together but not with each other. After, we can be finished, then I will allow each of you to practice your individual dances separately." Her voice had taken a professional, sharp edge to it. 

"Is this alright with you?" she asked. 

They both nodded. 

In less than 2 minutes they were pressed up against each other. Luckily, since Taeyang was taller, Hwiyoung took the female role. 

"It suits you," Taeyang laughed when Hwiyoung grumbled about being the "female" of the two.

Hwiyoung rolled his eyes in response. "I'm too manly to be a woman," he mumbled--jokingly, of course. 

"Sure, you are," Taeyang said. He had to stifle a laugh when Hwiyoung attempted to subtly stomp on his foot. He had moved his foot out of the way just in time. 

"Okay, you two," Emily said. "Right now, you are in the position to do the Waltz, but you will not be doing the said dance. You will be freestyling, and you are not to let go of the other.

"Right now, Hwiyoung is the less dominant person in this situation. You will switch a couple of times to get a feel for the other's role."

Hwiyoung smirked. It suits you, he mouthed. Taeyang gently kicked him in the shin. 

"With this freestyle dancing, I will be watching to see the chemistry between you two that everyone has been talking about."

Taeyang didn't react to the word "chemistry". Although everyone had been talking about, he was beginning to think that the word didn't mean what he thought it meant. Everyone made it sound like Taeyang and Hwiyoung were compatible in more than just acting and dancing. 

When the music started, he took it upon himself to be the lead, for he was the main dancer of the two. Hwiyoung followed without much complaint. But at some point, he had taken over as the lead, leading Taeyang through different dances. He pulled the elder to his chest and put his face near his ear. 

"The 'less dominant role' suits you better," he said quietly in his ear. 

Taeyang pushed himself away from Hwiyoung's chest. His heart picked up speed and he didn't want to be chest to chest with Hwiyoung in case the other could feel his fast heart beat. Why was his heart beating so fast?

"I don't think so," Taeyang replied. He took Hwiyoung's curiosity as an opportunity to twirl him in a circle and dip him. 

"No talking," Emily scolded. When Taeyang glanced over at her, he noticed her tone didn't match the look on her face. She looked like she was trying to stop a smile from taking over her features. 

The song ended a few moments later. Hwiyoung slowly let go of Taeyang's hand and stepped away from him. You'd think the close proximity would bother Taeyang, but he had decided a few days before that it didn't matter. The closeness was just a part of a job. But the feelings that came with it, Taeyang couldn't explain. He couldn't explain why he had felt a tingle shoot up his arm when Hwiyoung had grabbed onto his hand at the beginning of the dance. Or why he felt a sort of emptiness when Hwiyoung was no longer holding his hand. 

Emily tapped on her chin in consideration. Her face was serious, but it quickly transformed into a large grin. "You guys have just given me an idea. Of course, I'd have to take it up with the director, the producer, and the writers first . . ." She didn't continue to explain what her plan was which left the two clueless. 

She was silent for a long time, most likely lost in thought, expanding her idea, Taeyang assumed. She must have realized Taeyang and Hwiyoung were still standing because she gave them an annoyed look and flicked her hand at them in a shooing motion. "You can go. We can't do anything until I let the producers know what kind of concept I want." There was a distracted glint in her eye as she glared at them. 

Taeyang grabbed his jacket off of the small table in the corner before they both quickly fled the room. None of them said another word until they were completely out of range of the choreographer. 

Taeyang kept his eyes on Hwiyoung who also seemed to be lost in some sort of thought. Taeyang wondered what Hwiyoung thought of the whole thing, acting with him in a BL kdrama that would involve kissing. He had said he was okay with it and he showed that he was, but he had to be feeling some kind of feeling other than okay

"She kind of scares me," Hwiyoung said, breaking Taeyang out of his own trance. He quickly looked away. He didn't want to be caught staring again. "But I kind of like her," the brunette added. 

They stepped into the main lobby on the first floor of the building. Taeyang snorted. "I'm sure you guys will get along amazingly." If he was being honest, Emily kind of scared him, too.

"I never said I wanted to get along with her. Scary people aren't exactly my type," the other immediately denied. 

"And who is your type?" Taeyang heard the words leave his mouth before he had time to stop them. 

Hwiyoung turned to him. "People like you," he said. Taeyang looked at him; he was at a loss of words. They stared at each for a brief moment. His heart beat faster and faster as his mind made an effort to come with a response. 

The younger's features transformed into a grin. "The weird people," Hwiyoung finished. He laughed at the look on Taeyang's face. Of course, Hwiyoung was only joking. He wasn't actually inferring what Taeyang thought he meant.  

"Oh, really?" Taeyang challenged after a quick recovery. "I wouldn't say I'm the weird one in this duo."

"Eh . . ." Hwiyoung shook his hand in a so-and-so motion. 

Taeyang stuck out his tongue in mock offense and threw his jacket in Hwiyoung's face. He could hear Hwiyoung's laughter behind him as he stepped out of the building to call their manager. 

--------------------

a/n: a double update bc it's my birthday and we're at 2.4k reads 😄