CHAPTER 1: Hiatus

Y/N POV

"Can I share a table with you?" I was interrupted with my thoughts when someone called me and showed up in front of my table. I am having my breakfast at one of my favorite restaurants. I look at her and she looks familiar.

I looked around the restaurant and saw that it was full. It was odd that this restaurant was full today. It took me a while to respond then I let her sit down. She was now eating. I can't help but look at her actually, no, I'm literally staring at her. I don't know but I think I saw her somewhere. I'm thinking so hard...my sister!

I checked our WeChat conversation and then I saw it. This person looks like her idol. Well, I'm not someone who's fond of watching cpop or any other idol groups, I just don't find value watching them, not in the case of my sister, it's completely the opposite.

"Excuse me, is this you?" I politely asked to show her the picture that my sister sent me. My meimei said there was a rumor that her idol took a hiatus and went here. By the way, I am currently in Prague. I've been here for a year already. It's a long story but yeah! Life has been hard, but I enjoy my freedom.

"Are you going to tell them where I am?" She looked at me. Look is understatement glare. That's right! Did she just glare at me? The nerves of her. My question is harmless, why is she making it a big deal?

"Tell them where you are? Whose them?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Oh wait! Are you on a run?" Woah! Did my voice just went up.

"Can you lower down your voice?" She shushed me. Putting her index finger on her lips , as if the people around us can understand. In her tone of voice I think it's really her. I need to make myself clear on one thing.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you with my innocent question. For goodness' sake, I'm not someone who meddles with other's business. You have your reason you're here, I have mine too." I explained my side. I am quite surprised with her reaction, was I insensitive to ask her that? I lost my appetite already. Good thing I'm done with my food. I said my goodbye to her. This is not a good way to start my day. For crying out loud this is my well deserved off after working for 8-day straight.

I left the restaurant and started walking. I can still imagine her face when I showed her the picture. Is she hiding here? Why is she in this strange place of all the places she can go to?

"Wait!" Is someone calling me? I just continued walking then I heard another shout. "Waaaait for meeee!" Is that her? I looked behind, and it was her. I stopped in my tracks and waited for her.

"Dui bu qi! I didn't...mean ...to be rude." She said that while she was panting. Did she run from the restaurant just to apologize? Wow!

"Are trying to kill yourself by running? Anyway, don't mention it. I think I was kind of insensitive earlier. I am at fault too." I told her.

"I am Liu Yuxin." So that's really her. She could have just lied to me. Why is she telling me her real name anyway?

"Y/N. My name is Y/N. I believe we're even now. Just go back there and eat your breakfast. I'll see you around." I waved at her, and she just smiled. I walked past her and her eyes to be honest, she looked so lost.

"Y/N!" She called my name. I looked behind and saw her walking towards me. What is it this time?

"Can we... be friends? I'm not a bad person. I just don't have any friends or any person I know here." Then why are you here anyway? This is a strange place for someone like you, half-way across the globe. If only I can tell her this.

"Alright! You look harmless, why not." I said to her. She smiled so, she knows how to smile huh?!

"Zhen de ma?!" She exclaimed.

"Yes! Now, please go back. You shouldn't skip breakfast, and your food is now cold." I told her. I wonder if she has touched her food yet. I somewhat feel bad about this misunderstanding. She nodded and we walked in separate ways. I told her my number, and she gave hers too.

I still can't get her off my mind. Will she be okay in this strange place? Oh, wait! Why do I care anyway? She should be. She's old enough. But seriously she looks so fragile and the look in her eyes, why do I see myself in her? Is she also here to have some freedom?

---