Chapter 8: Distance

THIRD POV

It's been a week since Kun and Y/N got back together. A lot of things have changed. Unlike before whenever Yuxin wants to text or call Y/N, she never had second thoughts, this time she considers that she might be with Kun and they might be busy. She just decided to keep a safe distance away from her. She knows that Kun will stay in Prague for two weeks, and with that in mind she knows her place.

Vic's Birthday Party.

Yuxin arrived already and was talking to Vic when suddenly the couple arrived. Yuxin smiled at them.

"Pumpkin!" Vic literally squeezed her in his embrace.

"Vic! Happy birthday! For you." Y/N handed her their gift.

"Thank you, Pumpkin! You must be Kun?" Vic smiled. Just like what Y/N told Yuxin, Vic is nicer than Gregg. She never met Kun but despite knowing what he did to his precious pumpkin he knows everything has a reason, so he still treats him nicely.

"Ahh, yes. ..Happy birthday.." Kun stuttered, unsure if he could call him by his name.

"Vic. Call me Vic. If you are Y/N's friend then we are friends. Enjoy the party, Kun!" He told me warmly.

"Thanks Vic! Happy birthday again." Kun smiled. At least one person needs to worry. Vic smiled back and told them that she'll just meet some guests. Yuxin was left with them though.

"How are you, Yuxin?" Y/N asked her warmly.

"I'm fine. I arrived just a few minutes. I'll just get some drinks." She said and left the couple. She bowed at them. Why so formal? Y/N thought and that made her sad. It was as if they just met.

"Yuxin is still shy." Kun uttered.

"I guess so. Let's look for Gregg." Y/N said brushing the idea she has in mind.

"Baby, he is still mad at me." Kun told her.

"Don't worry. Let's just give him some time."

"Anything for you." Kun said, having a gentle squeeze on her petite hand.

----

Y/N saw Gregg preparing something with his back facing her. She walked towards him and hugged him from the back. Gregg was surprised. He stopped everything he was doing and turned to face Y/N.

"Pumpkin." He said softly.

"Greggy, I missed you." Sure, they work in one company but Gregg became busy and after she told him that she got together with Kun, Gregg didn't find it reasonable. He can't hate and blame her best friend but just like he always does, if Y/N needs someone to talk to he'll always be there.

"I love you, Pumpkin. You know that." They may have some disagreements but sure that they have each other.

"I love you too." She said and hugged him warmly. Gregg just can't help but become soft again with his best friend. Y/N pulled away from the hug, "Kun's outside. We met Vic but he's still afraid of you." Y/N continued.

"He must be." Gregg said firmly.

"Gregg,"

"I still haven't forgiven him. Anyway, have you seen Yuxin?" He asked.

"Yes, earlier, but she left immediately after greeting us." Y/N said her sadness was so evident.

"I see. She's avoiding you." He replied.

"You think so?"

"Pumpkin, Yuxin and you have something. Then he came around." Gregg told her. Y/N admits that they are close, so close that being friends is an understatement but now everything's changed.