Chapter 6: Memories

Y/N POV

"Kun," I whispered. As I just thought that it was soft enough, Yuxin heard it and looked at me. I didn't dare to look at her.

"Y/N.." His eyes met mine. "Yuxin?" He continued and was surprised to see her. I kept everything that I knew from Yuxin. Him being her PD and he being my first love and my ex-boyfriend. I just don't see it as necessary. When she talked about her idol life I checked if she has something related to Kun and to my surprise she was his mentee before.

I thought so hard about this friendship with her. As days passed I'm becoming more and more open to Yuxin. I was close, so close to happiness again after all these years but why now? Just the sight of him makes all the memories come back.

"Hello Kun-PD." Yuxin bowed to him and smiled. He smiled back. "You guys know each other?" She continued. He nodded and I did too. What is he doing here?

"I'm sorry. I didn't know you were with Yuxin. I'll just come back sometime." He told us. I just kept quiet. I don't have the heart to shoo him away knowing he came all the way from China. But I also don't know if I am ready to talk to him right now. I just kept looking down. I heard his footsteps walking away when I felt Yuxin's gentle touch.

"Y/N?" Her eyes are full of questions. "Will it be too much for you to see him?" She asked softly.

"I don't know." I am terrified of the things that could happen. I am weak in front of Kun. I might give in. I know. But he is the only man I ever loved. The three years we had though it didn't end well were the best years I had. He broke me but I loved him. "We'll just talk." I told her and she nodded.

"Kun," I yelled somewhat already as his steps were fading in our sight. Then he came back. "You can come in first." He is smiling warmly. The smile I missed so much.

We were inside my unit, I told him to sit down first and we'll just put the groceries in the kitchen. Yuxin was beside me and didn't say any words. Her presence is what I need right now. I really don't know what to do. I kept my silence. I guessed I was staring blankly at the paper bag for too long now when I heard her voice.

"Y/N, "

"Stay with me." I told her. I sounded like I'm almost pleading.

"It's not like I'm leaving you here. Don't worry. But based on what is happening I believe it's best for you to talk in private. I'll stay on the roof top. Call me if you need me or text me whatever happens." Yuxin told me. I nodded and hugged her. I feel her warmth. Her gentle touch made me feel a little better and calmed me down. Then she walked out from the kitchen. I heard her say goodbye to Kun and the door shut.

I head out to the living room to face Kun. He stood up when he saw me.

"Y/N, I'm sorry I really didn't know you and Yuxin are together."

"Small world, right? We are not what you think. She doesn't know anything about us....yet." I told him. Yuxin doesn't have any idea about my relationship with Kun. Sure I was starting to open up myself to her but that part of my life is too much that I just kept it. I just want to feel okay again. That's what I thought.

"How are you?" Kun asked. His eyes tell me how sincere the question was but still.

"Cut the chase Kun, how did you know where I am and why are you here?" I asked firmly.

"Your brother. I asked him for your address and finally got it after numerous pleas. I am on my own." Gege? I know they are friends but why all of a sudden. I brushed off any idea I had. I have to deal with Kun first.

"Is there anything left to say?"

"I missed you and I really want to see you."

"Sure! Satisfied?" I asked in a sarcastic way.

"Y/N,"

"Kun, it's been years. I made it, you see, I'm okay now. I left because I want to get lost. I want to forget. But you being here, when I'm trying to live my life....please. Just please.." I held back my tears.

"Y/N, I understand. I was a jerk to let you just go that night but you never let me explain my side. I tried so hard to reach you but you shut everyone out." This time the tears were uncontrollably flowing. Why am I so weak in front of him? I held these tears for too long.

"Kun, I'm terrified." I just looked down and felt my knees beginning to collapse when suddenly I felt his hand wrapped my waist and the other supported my back. I just allowed myself to be buried on his chest. I felt him hug me tighter. The familiar warmth and scent I was used to. The feeling I can't get enough of and the feeling I longed for.

"Baby, please.. I still love you. Please let's get back together." I heard him. I wished we could go back to the time when everything was perfect. When we were in our own little world. When things were not complicated. I have loved this man so much that I was shattered into pieces that night. The night I tried so hard to forget. If I still think of him and our memories together, is it still worth taking the risk?

---

YUXIN POV

I heard the rooftop door open. I saw Y/N walking towards me. I looked at her face and it was so evident that she had been crying. I wish I could help her but I had zero idea on what's happening. One thing is for sure they had a past. I don't want to pry. I'll just let her tell me if she wants to.

"Sorry to keep you waiting here, Yuxin."

"I don't mind. The night is calm and peaceful." I told her and she hummed her reply. I was looking at some buildings while she was in the opposite direction.

"Yuxin, have you been in love?" That question lingers in my mind. I also don't know the answer myself. I don't even know how the feeling is when you are in love. Is happiness whenever you see the person, and someone who makes your heart race, considered? Totally clueless.

"I don't know, really." I turned around and faced her.

"Yuxin, Kun and I, we..."

---