Chapter 3: Pumpkin

Gregg POV

"Hey love! How are you doing? I haven't heard anything from you today. Enjoying your well-deserved off finally?" I hugged her. She seems so happy today.

"Happy birthday! For you! And yes. " She handed me the gift.

"Thank you! Even without this I still love you!" I replied.

"Love you too. Hope you enjoy your night. Anyway, where's Vic?" She asked.

Y/N and I have been friends for a long time since middle class. I was surprised that she moved here in Prague a year ago. So from then I advised her to work in the same place. I am in to guide her first, but she learned to love the work, so she stayed. She's a little stubborn so freedom is very important for her despite her well-off life back in China. I tried to convince her to go back several times, but once she sets her mind into something she won't waiver.

"Hello love! Here you are." Vic approached her, my partner and really loves Y/N.

"Vic!" Y/N rushed to Vic and hugged him. "I missed you! How was your trip?" That's right. Vic is a company consultant. He travels a lot. He just got back from overseas.

"It went well, pumpkin. I missed you too. Thanks for keeping Gregg sane while I'm away." Vic told her.

"No biggie! I'm happy that you're back, Gregg's becoming too annoying already." She whined to him.

"Look who's talking?" I pulled Vic closer and hugged him in front of Y/N who is not a fan of PDA.

"Love birds, get a room please, will you?" She told us.

"Don't worry, you'll have yours soon, pumpkin." Vic teased her.

"Oh please. I'm good." Y/N is still single, and she's loving it. Well a little story though, she was kinda traumatized about what happened to her 3 years ago so since then she promised herself not to fall in love again. I love that best friend of mine, so I will do everything just to make sure she won't be hurt again.

"Who knows. Love's going to take you by surprise." Vic told her and kissed me on the cheeks.

"Alright, alright!" She said in defeat. We love teasing her so much.

---

My birthday party went well, and I am really happy and blessed. Once all my guests left. I noticed Vic, she was talking to Y/N. These 2 people in my life, I swear no one will ever hurt them. I approached them.

"What are you two talking about?"

"Nothing. Just random stuff." Y/N said.

"Well I guess I have to go. I will see you both soon." Y/N told us.

"Don't you want to sleep in your room tonight." Vic told her. This is a two-bedroom apartment and the other room belongs to Y/N so everytime she feels lonely she sleeps here.

"Not tonight, you love birds, enjoy." She said.

"Love you pumpkin. I'll see you when I get back to work." I told her. She hugged us both and left.

---

THIRD POV

Y/N arrived at her apartment. It's almost 2 AM. She took a quick bath and prepared herself to sleep when she received a text message from an unknown number. She smiled when she saw it. She knows where it came from.

Thank you for today, Y/N. Sweet dreams.

From: Unknown Number

Yuxin?

From: Y/N

I'm sorry. Yes, it's me.

From: Unknown Number

Y/N smiled and changed the contact name.

No worries. I enjoyed it too. It's late already. Why are you still up?

From: Y/N

I can't sleep yet.

From: YUXIN

I see. Do you want to talk?

From: Y/N

Aren't you tired yet?

From: YUXIN

A bit. but I am not sleepy yet.

From: Y/N

Can I call you then?

From: YUXIN

Sure.

From: Y/N

Yuxin can't deny the fact that she enjoyed Y/N's company. Sending her a text message and seeing her replied back is wonderful so when she asked if she can call her and she agreed. She feels a little nervous and doesn't know why.

---