Chapter 5: Friends

THIRD POV

Days passed so fast that today will mark Yuxin's first month in the city. Her friendship with Y/N has been one of the best. Y/N is someone she can rely on, someone to talk to, someone to hang out with or just somebody to share her lazy days with. Yuxin has once visited Y/N's place, same as Y/N in Yuxin's at the same time Yuxin already met Y/N's friends.

"Pumpkin? Are you going to meet Yuxin today?" Y/N looks over her shoulder while drying the dishes they just finished breakfast she is now staying in Gregg's place.

"I don't think so. Why?" She answered.

"I remembered this is her first month in Prague. I thought you guys would like to celebrate it." Gregg told her.

"Do we have to celebrate?" I asked in confusion.

"Well, not really. But you know, it was not easy for her." Gregg said. Yuxin has opened up to him in one of their conversations.

"I know. We haven't talked about it. I'm not sure, maybe she has her plans for today."

"Okay. But...Y/N..?" Gregg asked again.

Is there something he wants to say? Y/N thought.

"Hey, why are you trailing off?" She noticed it. Gregg thought.

"What is Yuxin to you?" He asked softly. Gregg can't deny that there has been a gradual change in Y/N's behavior ever since she met Yuxin and it is a good thing, he is happy for her best friend.

"Seriously? Greggy, what are you thinking?" She said and just brushed it off.

"I mean you guys are always together. You are happy whenever you are with her, the way you talk about her and the way you look at her and her to you. Aren't you guys a thing yet?" He explained to her. Y/N finished drying all the dishes and sat across Gregg. She looked at him, trying to find the right words.

"Yuxin and I...we are...friends. That's right, we are just friends. So don't overthink it." Technically speaking they are not a 'thing' but Y/N was surprised that her best friend noticed these things without her realizing it.

Am I too caught up to notice it? Y/N thought.

"Is that so? Then if ever, all I can ask is for you to just take it slow." Gregg knows her best friend well. When she falls, she falls deeply. He doesn't want her to get hurt again. Knowing Yuxin is an idol and Y/N's ex-lover, he was afraid that she might experience the same agony. Y/N held Gregg's hands.

"What will I do without you Gregg? I'll be fine." She assured him. Y/N knows what Gregg is trying to say. They are not called best friends for a long time, not to know each other's weaknesses. They are each other's back and both are glad that they have met in this thing called life.

-----

YUXIN'S POV

"Y/N, over here." I saw her walk through the door holding a cute box. Is that a cake inside? I'm a little hungry. It was a bit sudden when Y/N called me earlier. I'm not complaining though. It's better to hang out with her than to stay in my apartment. She asked me if I could meet her at the restaurant where we first met and I gladly agreed.

"Hi! Are you hungry?" She asked as she sat down across and I nodded.

"I placed some orders already. I hope you don't mind."

"Mei wenti. This is for you." She placed the cake near me. I opened it, it was a matcha cake and saw the number one with a smiley face. Then I realized it is my first month in Prague. It's been a month since I met her too. I looked at her. She was smiling warmly.

"Thank you! I appreciate it." I told her. I've never felt this way about anyone else before. I'm happy when I am with her but I know what we are and I know what we are not.

"Glad to hear that, Yuxin. This marks our friendship, too." I knew it. I just smiled at her. Our food arrived before I could say something. We started digging our food. I grew to love Czech cuisines already and Beef Goulash is my favorite.

"Where do you want to go?" She asked me while she's slicing her food. I don't have a place in mind since we almost visited the best places here in Prague already, but if there's a place I loved the most that would be the Petrin Hill where you can also get to go to the Petrin Tower where you can see a beautiful view of the city and the Rose Garden which is Y/N's favorite.

"Anywhere is fine with me." I replied to her.

"Hmmm...I remembered you love Petrin Hill the most. Would you like to visit it again?" As if she just read my mind. She asked me.

"I'd love to, let's go there again." I smiled and she left a soft chuckle.

---

We went first to the Petrin Tower then we spent the rest of the day in the Rose Garden to appreciate the beautiful view in front of us.

"Do you enjoy it?" She asked me softly.

"I do. Thank you for today." I looked at her and she was smiling brightly as always.

"Yuxin, you're coming to Vic's party?"

"Yes,"

"Okay. Good. He wants to meet you." She told me.

"How is he? Is he nice like Gregg?" I asked her.

"Vic's nicer. Gregg's just nice to you. Period." Y/N's remarks made me smile and she chuckled. Gregg's really nice, and I am glad that I met him.

We chatted for a good thirty-minutes more then we decided to go home. Y/N asked me if I could accompany her to buy some groceries before I went home and I gladly joined her. We were on our way to her apartment when I cracked a lame joke which made her laugh so hard. I feel so happy about it. It's so funny how days go by so fast without me realizing it. One thing is certain, coming here is one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Y/N POV

I was laughing so hard at Yuxin's jokes. We always ended up laughing so hard at her jokes. I must say she is naturally funny.

I noticed someone waiting near my unit. I'm not expecting anyone though. Then it hits me. The back is too familiar for me to forget and the closer we get the clearer the image becomes. Why now? Why all of a sudden?

---