Chapter 10: Almost

"Pumpkin, where were you?" Gregg stood up from his seat when Y/N walked in to the door. He was really worried about her. He was waiting like a father for her daughter to arrive.

"Gregg!" Y/N reciprocated by hugging him. "I was with Kun. We patched things up." She continued when she pulled away from the hug.

"What do you mean?" Gregg was confused. Technically they are together, what needs to be patched? He thought.

"We broke up. This time it's mutual. I told him about my feelings for Yuxin." Y/N told him with a smile on her face that made Gregg's heart happy for his best friend but not completely happy at that point.

"Pumpkin, I'm so happy for you but... " Gregg hates to break the bad news, but he has too.

"Is there any problem, Greggy?" Y/N knows something's off.

"Yuxin waited for you here the whole night. We called you several times but you're not picking up. She had an emergency in Beijing so her management booked her an early flight...She wanted to say goodbye to you before leaving but.. you're not answering our calls." Just how happy Y/N was when she came back it was suddenly gloomy again. She was closer to happiness but fate is at it again.

"I left my phone at the shop last night." Her voice is shaking.

"I'm sorry, Pumpkin. She must be at the airport now." Gregg responded.

"What time is her flight?" Kun asked as he entered the door he heard about the conversation of the two.

"9 AM." Gregg answered. Kun looked at his watch before grabbing Y/N's hand.

"I'll drive you to the airport, we can still catch her." He said to Y/N. The latter just nodded.

"You guys take care. Pumpkin, it'll be alright. Go on." Gregg walked them through the door.

---

In the car.

"We still have a chance to see her." Kun reassured Y/N though there was only a little chance for them to see Yuxin.

"Thank you, Kun." She replied. Kun got his phone from his jacket and handed it to Y/N while his eyes were still on the road.

"Here. Use it. Check if she's online." Kun told her. Y/N took it and she logged in on her account. There was a message from Yuxin.

'Hi Y/N! I'm sorry I have to leave soon. I hope I can still see you. Please take care of yourself. I wish one day I can see you again. Thank you for being there for me during my stay in Prague.- LYX

'Yuxin, where are you at? I'm on my way to the airport. Sorry to have missed your message. Please tell me where you're at. I want to see you. Please.'

After a couple of minutes after she sent the message there was still no response from Yuxin. Y/N is losing hope and Kun noticed that he already tried to speed up.

"Kun," She called him with his weak voice.

"It's alright. Just hang on there." Kun told her. They arrived at the airport just a few more minutes.

Kun dropped her at the entrance while he found the parking area. Y/N was able to enter the airport after she pleaded with the security. She ran all her might just to get a chance to see Yuxin again.

ANNOUNCEMENT:

"Final call for boarding. Final call for boarding for the last remaining passengers. Last remaining passengers on Beijing Capital Airlines Flight PEK 04 bound to Beijing. Please board the aircraft now through gate L20. This is your final call. All boards please."

Y/N heard it as she entered the airport she continued running and running and running. She doesn't have anything in mind but Yuxin. All their memories together even if it's just months, it was an amazing phase in her life. A feeling that's new. She found a friend in Yuxin. Someone she can talk to about anything. She was gentle, a person who is sensible, soft like a cotton candy but solid as a rock for her dreams. Y/N remembered how Yuxin told her that she's almost ready to go back to Beijing because she found the reason to continue her journey again. She said she found something that made her believe again.

Y/N and Yuxin are two individuals that fate allowed to meet. But just like the old quote, not all people stay in our lives. Sometimes they are only destined to cross our paths and teach us a lesson.

Y/N reached the gates but unfortunately she's too late. She was hopeless. She stared at the gates and just talked in silence.

'Goodbye Yuxin. I hope you really do all the things you always said you wanted to do. Thank you for making me believe in love again. I'll see you when the road decides it's time for our paths to cross again.' Y/N said as she looked at the gates. She walked away and Kun found her.

Kun couldn't help but hug her.

"She left, Kun." She sobbed as she buried her face on Kun's chest.

"Just let it out." Kun can't say it's okay because it's not. She just let her cry. It pained Kun to see her like this. He silently wishes he was what Y/N needed.

---

On their way she picked up her phone at the store where she left it.

They arrived at Gregg's place again. Y/N said she'll just take a rest in her room. Gregg and Kun understood, and they let her and just stayed in the living room.

"Kun, thanks for taking care of her."

"No worries. I am just sad to see her like this. I felt how she wanted to see Yuxin."

"There's nothing we can do. Xinxin had an emergency. You guys tried your best to catch her flight. I know Pumpkin is thankful for you. Let's just give her some time." Gregg told him.

"Hmmm. When we were together I asked her if she wanted to go back to Beijing. She said she doesn't have any plans yet. Do you think she might have her reason now?" Kun asked.

"I think so but let her decide. I'm just glad that you two are okay now. The main reason, she is here. So anytime, if she wants to go back whatever the reason is, I know she'll be fine. And with that I want to thank you." Gregg thanked him.

"I'm sorry Gregg for breaking her heart." Kun finally had the chance to say it. Gregg smiled at him.

"I have known you for so long Kun. I may have been mad at you for a long time but deep in my heart there was this small faith in me that there was a reason why you had to break her that way. I've forgiven you."

"Thank you, Gregg." Kun hugged Gregg. Kun finally has his forgiveness. He appreciates how Gregg took care of Y/N, something that he wanted to do for a long time but life happened to him and the heavy responsibility why he had to do what he did.

----

After three days . At the airport.

"Take care of yourself, Kun." Y/N said. She sends Kun off.

"You do the same, baby- oh..sorry. Force of habit."

"It's alright babe." Y/N replied and they both chuckled.

"Y/N. Thank you. Thank you for accepting me again. Being just a friend, may not be what I want when I come here. But that is more than enough than not knowing you in my life."

"Same here, Kun. Time will heal us and it did. I am happy now and always grateful for what we had. Our book might be over, but we can open another book for our friendship." Y/N told him.

"You're right!" Kun agreed. They hear the final call and Kun has to leave. Kun hugged Y/N tight like there's no tomorrow. A warm embrace. They were both first loves of each other. The memories that they shared, moments that their younger selves shared will never be erased in their lifetime. May it be good or bad memories will always be there.

---