Part 8

" Dad!" Harry ran to his fathers aid.

The giant snake bite was apparent on his neck, the piercings so deep it was clear it hit an artery.

Harry tried to stop the bleeding, taking his jacket off and pressing down on his neck.

" harry stop." Severus brought his hand up to clutch harry's.

" no no. you cant die. Not like this." Harry had tears rolling down his face as his hands shook in fear.

" harry its ok. Make sure your father is safe....make sure lily's safe. Go to them they need you more."

" no! I cant let you die!" Harry yelled.

The bleeding wasnt stopping and harry muttered as many healing spells as he could, hoping his wandless magic would work.

" harry." Severus' deep voice croaked.

" harry, harry-"

" HARRY!"

Harry awoke with a start, beads of sweat falling off his forehead and his blanket thrown on the floor.

He ran his hand down his face, standing up shakily to open the door that someone was pounding on.

He stumbled to the entrance, finally opening it and seeing severus on the other side.

" finally you opene- hey. Are you ok?" The annoyance in his voice was replaced with worry.

Harry rubbed his forehead and nodded.

" yeah im fine. Just a nightmare." Harry cleared his throat.

Severus snorted with a teasing smile on his face.

" you still get those? You're like 20." He teased.

Harry rolled his eyes and shook his head.

" it was a bad one ok! Now what is it?"

Severus let a chuckle through his nose and shifted.

" you missed breakfast. You weren't coming so i got worried. We're gonna be late for class." Severus explained.

Harry nodded and closed his eyes.

" uh im not feeling well so i dont think ill be joining you today."

Severus nodded, worry still on his face.

" you want me to stay with you?"

" what? No no. Im an adult im fine. If i dont feel better ill go to the infirmary." Harry waved his offer off.

" uh ok then. Ill see you later then yeah?" Severus said.

Harry nodded and waited for severus to say goodbye. He walked away after waving at him and Harry slowly closed the door, resting his forehead against the wood.

" fuck."

————————————————————-

" hey where is harry?" Lily asked severus.

" he isnt feeling well so hes staying in today."

" is he ok?"

" yeah i think hes fine. Ill check in on him after class."

" wait dont you have detention?"

" i have like an hour to kill before then. It'll be fine, i just gotta make sure he doesnt die you know?"

Lily hummed a response and departed, making her way down to the dungeons for potions while severus went to transfiguration.

It was a shame Lily didn't have that class, because another set of gryffindors did. And severus wasnt looking forward to it all that much.