Part 16 ( last part )

Harry fell to the ground, his knee thudding against the carpeted floor.

" come on harry, cant even land properly?" Draco teased.

Harry gave him a playful sneer and smiled, heart strings pulling as he saw his partner smile.

He hadnt seen him in almost 3 weeks. It was one of the longest they were apart and his heart skipped a beat as draco ran a hand through his hair.

" I've got to tell hermione you're back. Oh and your fathers here by the way. He came from work before i left." Draco informed and walked out the door, probably going to ring hermione.

Harry knotted his eyebrows.

Hmm. Dad must've visited.

Harry let out a long sigh and looked around.

He had landed in his study, everything untouched and the same.

His hands traced against the familiar wood, picking up a potion bottle signed by his father.

The son of an extraordinary potions master had to have one of his prized possessions. To severus it was the first bottle he brewed, the date and name of the potion still bold against the clear glass.

He looked at it, fingertips running across the neat and cursive writing.

Then he felt tears start to well up again. He looked up and saw the portrait hung above his desk, picture empty as the moving figure of his father probably went out of the frame.

" it didn't work." He whispered.

He knew if it did, his father's portrait wouldn't be there. Severus would never allow a picture of himself to be hung up like that.

He wasnt that vain.

" knock knock." A deep voice called behind him.

He rubbed at his eyes and sniffled, turning around with a forced smile and looking up at the figure in the doorway.

But it wasnt his father, or more the father he was expecting.

" hey kid."

He felt the bottle drop from his hand, thudding with a nerve wracking 'clink' as it hit the floor. Thank god it didn't break.

" come on. You come back from the future and i dont even a hug? You that surprised im still alive?" Severus chuckled.

Harry didn't have a moment before he broke into sobs of happiness.

It worked. It WORKED.

His last efforts of keeping severus safe worked.

And now his father was standing in front of him, his long black hair done in a single long braid along his back, falling to the end of his spine and the familiar loving smile on his face.

" oh harry." Severus chuckled and grabbed harry, a hand to the back of his head as harry buried his face in his chest.

His chest vibrated with every deep chuckle that left his mouth as harry kept crying.

From happiness or relief, or maybe both Harry didnt know.

All he knew was that severus was alive, and harry had succeeded.

Harry never wanted to let go, and severus was sure as hell not going to let him.

Every day he thought of what harry said. The strange man that claimed to be his son and came to him from the future set deep in his mind.

Then he saw harry, and he immediately knew.

It was all true, and all the pain severus endured was worth it.