Part 13

James awoke again and saw that to his relief ( and disappointment ) that severus wasnt holding onto him in his sleep.

Instead he heard the bathroom sink running and sat up, rubbing at his eyes and running his hands down his face.

The window was open and so were the curtains.

He looked to the bedside table and looked at the clock.

10:46 am.

We should get going soon.

James stood up, stretching and pulling at his body so it wouldn't be so stiff.

The bathroom door swung open and severus walked out with his toothbrush in his hand, clearly still in the midst of brushing his teeth.

" oh good. You're awake. Get dressed, i wanna go back early." Severus ordered, already dressed and going back into the bathroom.

James scoffed and stumbled to his bag, pulling out clothes to wear and throwing on his jacket over his t shirt.

They were ready by 11, not wanting to stay much longer as neither of them were entirely ok with the embarrassing and awkward interactions of the night before.

Well james wasnt, he wasn't sure about Severus though. All he knew is that he was a flustered mess and every time he looked at severus he wanted to turn into a ball and not talk to anyone ever.

So he was glad severus wanted to leave early.

" hey what was the parcel?" James asked, grabbing his small bag and shoving his hands in his pockets.

" oh. I dont know. I think its a letter though."

" really?"

" yeah. It seems important so I didn't open it."

" hm. Polite arent you?"

" its not politeness, its just respecting someones privacy. Not that you would know anything about that."

" wha- hey!"

" oh come on. We both know last night was weird, even for our little....dynamic." Severus gestured between the two.

James scoffed, looking at him with a pointed look.

" oh and like YOU werent the one who did most of those awkward things?"

" i did not."

" really?"

" yes. All i did was scare you a bit when trying to fix your chainsaw like snoring."

" hm and me waking up to your arms around me and you cuddling up to me isnt weird?"

Severus' head snapped up and james just looked at him smugly. Severus looked like a gaping fish, unsure of what to say or do in the situation.

" i-uh- wha- when did you wake up-"

" when you woke up to get the parcel, i was awake." James shrugged. Severus dropped his bag and his eyes widened.

" and you just decided to PRETEND to be asleep?!"

" well i didnt want to make it awkward."

" oh and you telling me now is just SO much better?! God Potter i was holding you! I pulled you back, i was THIS close to risking it all and kissing you i-"

" wait what?" James asked.

In the midst of his rambling severus had let the early mornings intrusion slip and was now turning bright red.