Part 11

Fuck no.

Fuck no. No no no. This doesn't happen in real life. It just DOESNT.

" im sorry but we only have a double bed. Is that alright?" The lady at the front desk informed.

Severus froze mid sentence. He didn't know what to do.

First off, james made them late. Second  severus almost hurled because apparently apparating does NOT sit well with him and now THIS?!

This only happens in movies, or cheesy romance books with WAY too many cliches.

" yeah thats no problem." James said easily with a smile on his face.

Severus face palmed and wanted to slap james so hard right now.

" ok great. Here are your keys. Have a good stay." She said sweetly, completely unaware of absolute meltdown severus' brain was going through.

" ok thank you." He found himself saying, no meaning behind it.

He turned around, face unsure of what expression to make.

" come on Snape, it wont be so bad. So we share a bed, whatever!"

" no NOT whatever! Im sleeping on the floor."

" wha- the floor?"

" yeah did you think i was ACTUALLY gonna sleep in the same bed as you? Fuck no."

" wow. Harsh."

" fuck off. Im tired and i feel like im about to throw up."

Severus groaned then looked back. There was a really strong scent. A REALLY strong one. It wasnt bad but it was definitely distracting.

Severus, not really thinking, grabbed james' shirt collar and pulled it to his nose. James' eyes widened for a second from shock and a deep red dusted his face.

" uh snape?"

" are you wearing cologne? What did you do? Douse yourself in it? God it smells like you bathed in oak and mint. Why are you always minty? Its burning my nose." Severus pinched his nose together.

The mint was very strong and severus didn't really care for it. He didn't quite like strong scents.

" uh sorry?" James replied but it sounded more like a question.

Severus waved him off and stopped, finding their door and opening it with his key quickly. He was very tired and the whole ordeal was not helping.

" im gonna wash up." Severus dropped his backpack with his pajamas, towel and toothbrush in it.

" im gonna take a shower. You wanna go first or can i?" He asked james.

James rubbed the back of his head and looked down.

" uh if i could go first that would be great."

" yeah sure. Ill let headmaster know we got settled in. Wonder what that parcel is about." Severus shrugged.

He wrote a short letter while james went into the bathroom, shutting the door and he heard the shower being turned on.

The inn they were staying at had owls you could call and send letters through so severus rung the bell and in no time a white snowy owl was tapping at his window.

Severus opened it, the owl coming in and puffing out its chest and making severus chuckle.

He tied the letter to its leg and scratched its head gently.

" hogwarts school. Headmasters office. Im sure you know the way."

The owl gave a small hoot and left within the second, spreading its large white wings and taking off into the sky.