Part 9

They walked down the streets of hogsmeade. It was almost dark now, the street lamps illuminating the sidewalks.

" hey you wanna get something to eat?" James asked.

Severus shrugged and looked down at his list.

" i have to get some dried rose petals still. You have anything left?" Severus looked over james and at his list, ignoring the small blush appearing on james' face.

" uh yeah. A few bottles of ink for professor Binns. God his class is boring, of course he'd run out of ink with how much he spills."

Severus snorted at the statement and smiled.

" ok lets get the last two things and then we can get something to eat. That sound good?"

" yeah sure. Its still a little early."

It was 8 pm at this point. They had been walking around for 3 hours gathering supplies, turns out the 'few' things they needed was about 30 different things from about 7 different stores.

They still had 2 more hours left until they needed to be back though.

" lets get the rose petals first." Severus pulled onto james.

" actually how about you get the rose petals, i get the ink and we meet up at the three broomsticks."

Severus looked back and blinked before nodding and smiling.

" sure. See you soon." Severus waved and walked away.

James gulped and walked to the supply store.

He spent 30 minutes picking out the very specific ink Binns asked for. Turns out he was very peculiar with his office supplies which was a hassle but what could james do.

As he was walking back he passed by a small vintage store.

He couldn't help peak through the window and saw something that caught his eyes.

It was a simple black band. It was simple but for some reason he felt like it reminded him of someone. Specifically the person he seemed to fancy.

Eh what the hell.

" hello." The store clerk said brightly when he entered the store, bells jingling above him.

" hi. i just wanted to ask about that ring in the store window." He pointed to the band, hands resting on the counter.

The store clerk looked at it and nodded, walking over to it and picking it off of the display.

" it's actually a set of 2. Its made from hematite and is used to absorb negative energy. Are you interested in buying it for a loved one?" She asked sweetly.

James thought about and then nodded, smiling back softly.

" yeah. I think ill get it."

She nodded and put the two rings in a small box, wrapping it with a ribbon and putting it in a bag.

" that will be 34 sickles please."

James nodded and payed from the little pouch he brought himself.

He had a tendency to spend a lot so his father had started limiting his money. Luckily he had some money saved up.

" thank you and come again." The clerk said as he left the store.

James smiled and proceeded to walk back to where they had agreed to meet.

He realized severus was probably waiting for him so he started to jog there.