Chapter 31 New girl. New world... Or Not

Picture of Amber^^^

Ambers POV

"No. No. No. Mom it won't zip!" I screamed in panic.

"Don't worry, Amber, you just gained a pound or two, it's fine," she sighed.

"But-"

"No buts, come over here," she ordered from in front of the mirror.

I put my head down as I walked over to her, fidgeting and trying to walk.

"Now turn around," she circled her hand signaling me to turn around.

I huffed in frustration.

"Now suck it in!" She told me while getting ready to zipper the back of my dress.

I sucked in my tummy and held my breath while squeezing my eyes shut.

I felt the zipper trail up my back until it stopped and I heard my mom cuss.

That's not good... she never swears.

"Wh-what happened?" I asked, nervously.

"Okay. Now hold your breath and think about something happy, like the first time you and Kellan met," she hurried out, trying to seem calm.

Sweat broke actions my face as I took a deep breath and held it in.

Tears stained my eyes as I felt my hair being pulled and tugged.

My hair was caught in the zipper!

Out of all days, today had to go wrong.

"Fuck!" I screamed without thinking.

"Amber!" Mother scolded.

"Your all done," she breathes out a sigh.

I walked to the mirror. Looking at myself, I noticed how much my life had changed.

I went from fat, four eyed whale, with a life full of lies and a abusive father, to a beautiful young woman with a fiancé, soon husband, a perfect mother, and a precious baby on the way.

Wow.

"Now for hair and makeup!" Mother squealed.

"Mom. No offense, but, I already said that Aunt Ally could do my hair and makeup."

"What?! You don't trust your own mother?!" She screeched.

I opened my mouth to speak but apparently I took too long.

"Fine!" She said before storming out of the room.

Jeez... Looks like it's someone's time of the month.

The lace dress was finally on and I stared at my complexion again.

I rubbed my stomach, wondering if my precious little baby was a girl or boy. Kellan and I had decided to keep it a surprise.

I was brought out of my thoughts by a knock on the dressing room's door.

"Who is it?"

"Just me, sweetie," aunt Ally said before coming in and closing the door behind her.

She walked over to me before turning to the mirror. We both kept our eyes glued to the mirror as we admired the beauty of the dress.

"Your so beautiful, sweetie. Kellan is a very lucky man," she said, her eyes starting to fill with tears.

"Thank you so much Aunt Ally," I thanked, salty tears building up in my eyes as well.

"Oh! Don't cry now! You don't want your eyes all red and puffy for the wedding!" She yelled, grabbing a tissue and handing it to me.