Chapter 2 The unexpected suprise

Amber's POV

I woke up early the next day and decided I was going to dress nice to get my best friend back.

Digging to the back of my walk-in closet I found a teal dress that stopped just above my knees and a simple silver necklace. (pic in beginning of chapter.)

Then I hopped in the shower washing my hair and body then shaving my legs.

Getting out it looked like I lost some weight, but it's probably just me imagining things.

I shrugged it off and slipped on my undergarments and dress before putting on my necklace.

I looked new, refreshed. Usually I don't dress like this and I have my reasons.

For one, Tyler might beat me up and get blood on my clothes, and two, no one ever noticed me anyway.

I put on my teal flats before walking downstairs where my mother had breakfast made again.

"Hey mom," I said walking into the kitchen.

She jumped like she didn't know I was there.

"Oh, hi sweetie, are you going to eat a real breakfast today?" She smirked.

My mother hated it when I skipped breakfast.

"Yeah sure," I shrugged.

"So how's school going?" She asks handing me my plate.

"Good."

"That's it, just good?"

I shrugged my shoulders but winced from Tyler punching my left shoulder.

I tried to make it look normal but my mother saw and starting freaking out.

"Amber, what happened?!?"

"Nothing mom, I-I just slept on this side a-and my shoulder is sore," I stuttered thinking up a lie.

I hate to lie to her, it breaks my heart and of course she never believes me.

She pushed my hair away and saw the purple bruise.

Gasping she gave me a look of sorrow before wrapping me up in a hug.

"I'm so sorry I didn't notice sooner. Who did this to you?"

"A couple of kids at school."

Might as we'll tell the truth because karma's a b*tch.

"Why?"

I shrugged her off of me and signaled towards my ugly self.

I swear I saw her eyes change to a deep red and her body started shaking.

Dad rushed downstairs and held her in his arms whispering something in her ear.

Soon she calmed down and I stood in the corner, scared and shocked.

"Mom, what j-just h-happened?"

"Sorry," was all she said before rushing to her room.

Dad stayed in his spot and my eyes begged for answers.

"You need to get to school, you don't want to be late."

I silently followed him out the door, "actually dad, can I walk?"

"Why?"

"Just to clear my head."

He thought about it for a minute before giving in, "okay but you better text me if anything happens or when you get to school."