Chapter 32 The lover's loss

Amber's POV

I stared into the eyes of a deadly killer. They were filled with rage, but at the same time...danced with excitement for what the future would bring.

"Why are you here?" Kellan asked with a clear growl in his voice.

"Oh, don't be like that, son-"

He was cut off my a deep growl from Kellan.

"Don't call me that," my mate threatened.

Jaxon turned back to me.

"I came to see my daughter get married. I'm suppose to be the one to hand you over to him. Who did it?" He asked and I raised my brows at him.

"Who walked you down the aisle," he snarled.

I never took my eyes from his.

"One of the few men in my life who have always been there for me. He was, still is, my shoulder to cry on and I love him. He treated me like a daughter. The daughter you gave up when you rejected my mother!" I screamed at him, wanting so badly to rip his ice cold heart from his chest.

"How dare you raise your voice at me, young lady," he scolded.

"I don't have to listen to you, you will not and never will be worthy enough to be called a father!" I screamed in anger.

"Amber," Kellan moved to put his hand on my shoulder when one of Jaxons men stopped him.

"Dont move," the man warned, pointing the gun at Kellan's back.

I saw Jaxons finger move as he pressed some sort of button.

Soon, all of his men were back to fighting.

I don't know how, but fairly soon I came face to face with Jaxon.

"Hello sweetheart, you look so beautiful in that dress," his evil voice commented.

"Go to hell," I ordered him but mentally made a promise to myself that I would be the one to send him there.

He gave me a wicked smile and I noticed him mind linking someone.

I didn't have time to respond before I fell to my knees.

Crying out in pain, I held my hand to my chest, wanting so badly to rip my heart out right then and there.

"Kellan," I whispered, barely being able to get out the name.

Once I managed enough energy, I turned and followed the scent of my mates blood.

"No." I croaked out.

"No! No! Kellan! You can't leave me! Please! Open you eyes, damn it! I said open you fucking eyes!"

"Please, Kellan, please just open your eyes."i cried.

I let out another painful sob, laying my head on his chest.

I could hear no heartbeat.

There was an endless river of tears streaming down my face.

"You can't leave me," i hiccuped.

My eyes burned and my nose was runny but I didn't care.

I laid there with my head on his chest, crying my eyes out.

Then all of a sudden, another painful cry, similar to mine was heard.

I lifted my head and soon wished I hadn't.

There was Aunt Ally crumpled over a bloody body.

Uncle Jac?

A man moved and I got a clear sight of the scene.

Jac was laying dead on the floor, his own blood wrapped around him like a blanket of death.

Everyone cried and soon, Jaxons men started grabbing my family, leaving the dead on the floor.

They grabbed my Aunt Ally and dragged her away from her mate.

She cried and struggles to be let go. To be with her mate.

Before I knew it, all my remaining family had dispersed out of the now bloody and scary church.

Jaxon strode in like he just one the lottery. All high and mighty.

My gaze traveled back Kellan.

His emerald green eyes would forever haunt my mind.

"It's time to go," Jaxon said, grabbing my arm.

I ripped it away from his and hugged my body to Kellan's.

"How could you? Your always talking about how much you want your daughter back. Well you just killed her mate. You have lost your mate and now you want everyone else to feel your pain. You also killed the two men in my life who stood up and took your place as my dad. They tucked me in at night. They were the ones who I felt I could always count on-" I was cut off my Jaxon.

"Yeah yeah, now let's go," he said grabbing my arm again.

"They loved me! They took care of me! And you killed them! You fucking killed them!"

"I didn't personally kill them? Right? That's gotta count for something," he said casually.

"You fucking son of a bitch!" I screamed before picking up the bloody knife from off the ground and started circling him.

He also pulled out a sharp blade and got ready to attack.

'Amber, let me,' Jordan pleaded.

I sighed, knowing I couldn't win this fight without her.

I shifted into my blood-tainted grey wolf before lunging at Jaxon with my razor teeth, snapping at his face.

He laughed before pushing me to the ground.

"Your such a weak little mutt," he snarled, whipping blood from his mouth.

I growled at lunged again, aiming for his throat.

Just as I thought I had him, he jabbed the knife into my neck and I fell to the floor... whimpering in pain.

Then he trailed the knife across my stomach, and I laid helplessly on the carpeted floor.

Just before I fell into unconsciousness, I turned my head and watched Kellan lay silent on the floor next to me.

I reached my hand over to him, but couldn't touch him as I was forced into the peaceful darkness.