Chapter 28 Shadows of Mystery

Unknown POV

Have you ever felt invisible? Or was jealous of someone, who you know, would have made different decisions if they were living your life and made it ten times better?

Always watching from the shadows gave you time to think, that's for sure.

That's all I could do... think... I couldn't feel the earth anymore.

I was just a lost soul now.

My body, stupidly walked in to the bathroom and the man came up with a shot full of purple liquid.

He injected it into the girl and dragged her out of the hotel.

I followed close behind, knowing the no one could see me. Jumping in the back of the black creeper van, I watched the unconscious body that "sat" on the seat.

"How did this happen?" I asked my mother.

"Everything happens for a reason. Time will tell, I promise," she whispered.

"But how do I return?" I wondered not taking my eyes of my old body.

"Like I said... time will tell," she gave me a mystery and left.

I huffed before looking away, out the window at peaceful trees and sounds of the forest I missed dearly. Why did this happen to me? And why now?

Time will tell... my mother had said.

One problem with that... Time is something that I don't have.

They will be coming and take my soul away for good. I don't know how they did it in the first place but I had not known at the time, that I had only seen a glimpse of what the travelers could do.

Whoever this Isis girl is... she better be so important that people would take a soul from a body and replace it with hers.

I will find out what's going on and I will not stop looking for the answers.

My life... soul, depends on it.