Chapter 13 Re-united

Kellan's POV

My soul was gone and the only thing I could think about was my blood thirst.

It's the only thing that matters now.

I had become a physic.

I smelled blood on all sides of me and began going crazy for the thick liquid to drain out of someone's soul to get rid of the burning in my throat.

It was as if my throat was on fire.

I needed blood.

A minute later of a scorching throat, everything went cold and my body stilled.

The mate bond was faint but there.

I dreamt of a soul draining into my life source as I waited for the return of my body.

My vision stayed blank until a little girl with her head the other way in a corner showed up.

I walked up to the little girl, but felt safe, not thirsty.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

She didn't answer so I lifted my hand to rest on her shoulder.

Suddenly, her head turned all the way around and she had no face but claws of a demon.

The girl started to stand up before going into a fighting stance.

I thought she was going to charge at me but instead an invisible force from her hand started grabbing at my heart and ripping it out.

I screamed in pain and tried to get away from the demon.

"What are you doing? Get away! Leave me alone!"

"But I love you daddy with all of my heart. Don't go, please daddy, don't go."

No, it can't be... Isabelle?

"Izzy?"

I tried to get a better look at her, but she faded into a storm of dust.

I felt a weight lift off of me and my soul gone again, and the thirst back.

"Kellan?" I heard an angelic voice call out to me, but it didn't make my heart skip a beat like it usually does.

I heard the voice again.

"I accept you Kellan Gray as my mate."

All my memories and the pain came rushing back to me.

The mate bond stronger than ever.

"I accept you, Amber Williamson as my soul mate."

I'm finally free.

Noticing something off about the aura Amber was giving off, concerned me but I was too happy to care.

She accepted me!

What happened with Isabelle was unthinkable.

My little daughter had died 3 years ago at the age of 4, so what was that?

Did I just re-unite with my dead daughter?

Melanie's POV(Amber's mom)

"Why?"

"Because your my mate now shut it," Jaxon ordered me as he tied my arms and legs up to the posts on a bed.

"Did you ever hear the saying, Karma's a bitch?"

"Yeah and she needs to speak with you," he smirked.

I smirked back evilly before kicking him where the sun don't shine with me one free leg.

He growled.

"You shouldn't have done that, deary."

"Go to hell!"

"If I go to hell, your coming with me."

That was the last thing he said to me before black spots clouded my vision and I was dragged into complete darkness.

***1 hour later***

Amber's POV

"Bye Kellan, talk to you later," I waved to my mate, that I might never see again.

This is the last time I will hear his voice or admire those unique emerald eyes.

"Bye, Amber!"

He got in his car and drive away, but not before honking goodbye.

Once I knew he was out of hearing range I ran into the house.

"Aunt Ally, can I talk to you?" I signaled towards my room to get away from Jac.

"It's okay, he knows," she whispered and winked.

"I want to leave tonight, the book never said exactly when the war would start, but it did say it was after my sixteenth birthday. So it could happen whenever.

I have my bags packed and I'm ready to go. When I leave, I want you two to find mom and tell her that I have left."

They nodded sadly.

"Go grab your bags, we'll wait down here," Jac said.

Without responding, I went upstairs to my room and grabbed my total of 5 bags.

With my hearing, I could tell Jac and Ally were talking about something including me.

When I got to the bottom of the stairs, Jac took my bags and Aunt Ally hugged me.

"You better come to visit your new cousin."

"Cousin? Your pregnant?!" I screamed with joy and happiness for her.

She shook her head and I saw her mate staring at her with pure love.

I wish my life could be as easy as this.

Have a mate that loves me and not have a war or something else getting in the way of living our life.

Checking the time on my phone, I noticed that I would miss my plane if I didn't go now.

"I have to go now, I can't miss the plane."

"Alright, sweetie, we love you," Ally said.

Before walking out the door I turned back to them.

"Congrats for the baby your going to have to send me pics of..uh"

"It's a boy," Jac said with pride.

"Well then send me pics of the little boy, have you come up with a name yet?"

"Not yet, but we'll tell you as soon as we name him."

"Okay, love you, bye!"

They waved to me as I drove out of the driveway away from my home, away from my family, and away from my mate.