Part 21: Reunion

I turn around and see Tyler.

He stops in his steps, just as in much shock as I am. "H-hi." he says as he looks at Tom and then my parents. "Oh Tyler!" my mother hugs him. "Thank you for coming." he hugs her back, looking at me. Tom holds my hand and looks at Tyler.

My mom tripples around Tyler as if he's made of gold. "We are so happy to see you. You remember Y/n?" she says faking a smile, acting as if nothing is wrong. "Yes, I do. It's so good to see you. Where have you been all these years?" he asks, not even looking into Tom's direction.

I just can't believe he's acting as if everything is fine between us. Because it's not fine. After everything he let me go through I can't just forget about it." Looks like she swallowed her tongue in. She and her good-for-nothing friend was actually on their way out." my father says.

I feel the tears in my eyes. Tom takes my hand and mouths the word sorry to me. " You know what Sir, I may not be good enough for your daughter, but at this moment I am enough. I know that she deserves the world and even more. I know that I can't give her everything her heart desires, but I know that I can care for her and love her enough so that she feels like she has everything she'll ever need. You are busy throwing away a daughter that will try her very best to do what's right and who wants to be accepted by her parents. You don't know what you have put her through. This is enough!" he says. His eyes spitting fire.

He turns to Tyler." And you, how can you even stand here and act as if nothing happened!? You broke her into a million pieces. You are the reason that she struggles to trust people. You are the reason for the fude between her and her parents. You lost something very good. But it's true what they say: somebody's loss is another's gain. Now we make each other happy and I never want to lose her." he says as he takes my hand.

" Let's go. " I say as we walk out of the room. My grip on his hand tightens. My blood boiling in my veins. Tom just follows me, knowing that nothing he's going to say now will fix this. I walk out of the building and sit on a bench. Tom sits next to me. I feel the lump in my throat becoming bigger, tears forming in my eyes, my voice shaky. "I-I'm sorry." I say softly. "Hey it's not your fault. Don't say sorry." he puts his hand on my back.

I rest my head on both my hands. Tears running down my cheeks, hitting the ground. "You should probably be heading back to California." I try to change the topic. "I'm not going to leave you in such a state." he says. Lifting my head and wiping away the tears with his thumb.

"No I'll be fine, you need to finish your filming." I say, smiling a fake smile. "Why don't you come with me?" he asks. "Wh-what? I can't do that." I say sniffling. "Why not? I mean you can be my personal assistant for this week, my new assistant starts next week."

"are you sure they will let me on set?"

"Yes of course the russo brothers won't mind." he puts his hand on my knee. His eyes full of sympathy. "Okay I'll come with you, thank you Tommy." I say, my eyes still watery. I hug him tightly. The hug makes me feel safe. I put my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes.

We seperate from the hug, Tom's eyes focused on something else. I turn around and see Tyler. I look at him confused as I feel my eyes fill uo with tears of anger. "Sorry, I know you don't want to see me, but I just came to apologise to you. What I did was stupid and immature. I didn't mean to cause so much trouble between you and your parents." he says. I look at him as Tom puts his hand on my hip.

"I didn't want to hurt you on purpose. I just couldn't handle the pressure they put on me, wanting me to marry you. But there's no excuse for how I behaved and handled you. I'm so sorry." he continues. "It's okay, I'm okay. I realise that it must've been hard in you too. The way you treated me was not fair, but I forgive you." I say putting my hand out to shake his. "Thank you." he shakes it. "I told your parents the whole story.... The truth." he says. "Thank you." he shakes Tom's hand. "Please take care of her, she's really a special girl." he says. "I will." Tom replies shaking his hand.

He gives a small smile and walks away. "Do you want...."
"No, I said what I wanted to say. They don't want me there. So I'll leave them alone." I cut Tom off.

We drive back to the hotel and start packing. I hand in my key to the room and Tom puts my luggage in the car. "You ready to go?"

"Yes let's go."

We drive off onto the highway. Away from LA. I look back, remembering every little detail of these 2 days. Tom puts his hand on my thigh. I look at him. "Youe alright?" he asks. "Yes, I'm okay." I give a small smile and look outside my window.

A part of me is sad and heart broken about the fact that all of this happened and that I'll never have a good relationship with my parents. The other half of me is okay with everything that happened. Knowing that I came here and tried everything in my power to talk to my father. Now I know how he feels about me and now I know where I stand with him.

Let's hope California is more kind to me.