Part22: City Lights And Champagne

After a therapeutic drive we arrive in California. Tom drives up to the hotel and takes my bags up to his room. "I'm so glad that you're here, now I don't need to sleep alone in this king size bed." he says smiling at me. I give him a small smile and a peck on his lips. "Thank you." he looks at me and puts his hands on my hips. "Okay." he kisses me again.

I walk into the bathroom, the bathroom as big as my livingroom back in Kingston. "Wow this bathroom is huge!" I say in awe. "Yeah, it's a bit too big, but the view... It's beautiful."

"

"Yeah, it is

"Yeah, it is."
"Almost as beautiful as you." he flirts.
"Very cheesy Tom." I giggle.

He walks to the tub. "I'll run a bath for you nad you can relax and enjoy the view while I order us some dinner and champagne." he says. "Why thank you." I smile.

I climb into the steaming hot bath tub, the hot water relaxing my whole body. I look out onto the city. The lights filling the night sky. I remember the date when Tom took me onto the roof of thag fancy spa. The lights of the city playing in the sky. How he held me tight in his arms.

I pull my knees up, my chin resting on one. Tom knocks on the door. "Our food is here." he says. "You can come in Tommy." I say, knowing that the tub is so deep it covers my whole body. "A-are you sure?" he stutters. "Yes I am." i giggle. "Okay, I'm coming in." he says closing his eyes. "Tom, you can't see anything." I laugh.

"Oh okay, sorry, I wasn't sure. Don't want to make you feel uncomfortable." he says, his cheeks red like beetroots. He sits down on the floor next to the tub, looking at the lights.

"You know the lights remind me of our date..."
"On the roof at that spa you took me to." I finish his sentence.
"hah yes." he smiles looking at me.
"D-do you want some champagne or your dinner?" he asks. "I got you some french fries and chicken nuggets, I know it's your comfort food." he smiles, looking back to the city lights.
"Thank you, can you please bring it in. I'm starving." I ask politely. He runs and and comes back with my food and the champagne.

We sit and talk for hours, the bath water turning ice cold. I start to shiver, "Love you're freezing, don't you want to add hot water." he asks.
"I'm going to." I smile and open the hot water. The steam builds up as I take a sip of my champagne, Tom feeds me a french fry. I look at him. "What?" he says giggling. "I don't know how I got so lucky."
"Well, that makes two of us." he smiles and gives me a kiss. We deepen the kiss, feeling as if I'm getting electrocuted.

Tom stops and puts his forehead against mine. Breathing heavily. "we can stop if you want to." he says. "No, please." I whisper, my hand on his cheek. "Would you join me, please." I ask. "I thought you'd never ask." he smiles.

Tom takes off all his clothes. I move up to make space for him. I look at his bare chest, shivers running down my spine. He looks me up and down, a sparkle in his eyes. "You-you're beautiful." he says softly. I smile and put my hands against his cheeks, he leans in for a kiss. I kiss him back passionately. The kiss lingering on, sending more and more shivers down my spine. A feeling I've been longing for a long time. Love. A feeling only Tom can give me, a feeling of acceptance, respect and above all, love. "Are you sure you want to do this?" he asks. I nod my head, my eyes closed.

We sit in the bathtub, my back against his chest, his chin on my shoulder kissing me every few minutes. "I love you." he whispers against my cheek. "I love you too." I reply. We stare out onto the city lights and drink our champagne.

This night will never be forgotten. Turns out California is what my heart was longing for. A night of love with a person I love dearly. A night with city lights and champagne, is all a girl could ever ask for.