Chapter Fourteen

Reader

"You think we're going to be the only ones there? I mean, attending classes aren't technically required..." I questioned, taking note of how the hallways inside the building were quite empty.

Almost like no one attended classes...

Kokichi considered this, although it didn't take him long to respond.

"I'm sure there's at least one or two goodie-two-shoes in the class. Other than that... I'm not sure. But that does make me curious... Why did you want to attend class today? You're still playing that mobile game, right?"

Chuckling, I pulled out my phone, opening up the app.

"Yeah, I still got it. I simply figured it'd be good to get out, meet some fellow ultimates. Besides, if I spend too much time on the app I can't spend time with you and Shuichi."

Kokichi's smile widened at this.

"I suppose that's true. I'm so glad (Name)-chan hasn't abandoned me!"

He was quick to latch onto me in the form of a hug, almost knocking me over.

"You don't have to add the 'chan'..." I mumbled, avoiding his gaze.

So embarrassing...

Kokichi

"Why not? You become even cuter when you're embarrassed!" I stated, still hugging (Name).

They're always cute, but when they're embarrassed it only intensifies.

I couldn't help but giggle at how (Name)'s blush grew, deepening in color. She tried to pull away, but I wasn't going to let her escape that easily.

Maybe I can just-

Shuichi

I know that look. He wants to kidnap her right then and there.

How dare you.

"(Name), Kokichi, I'm glad to see you're attending class as well."

I made it look like I just noticed them, increasing my pace of walking to catch up to them. With the distraction, it seems like (Name) was able to pull away from Kokichi's grasp.

I'm glad.

(Name) smiles.

"Yeah, I figured I'd better take your advice before I spend money on the app. I know I'd regret it later."

She actually listened to my advice....

It's hard to hide my blush-

"Of course; I'm happy to help. We're almost to the classroom so we might as well walk together."

(Name) nodded in agreement.

"Sure. We're all heading to the same location so it makes sense."

While (Name) was unaware of this, Kokichi was less than excited about my presence interrupting their alone time. Doesn't matter though, since he won't be the one ending up with her after all...

Reader

With that, we all headed to the classroom. The three of us had some casual banter about how our mornings were and such.

Nothing exciting or memorable mentioned, not like there would be.

When we arrived at the classroom, I knew we were a bit early, so I figured we'd be alone in the classroom.

Squeak.

Do the doors really have to be this squeaky-

Shuichi

Two, no wait - three students were inside the classroom not including us. I didn't notice the one sitting in the back.

If I remember the information I acquired from the website, the ultimate maid, ultimate robot, and the ultimate adventurer were in the classroom.

"Ah, hey. Glad to see some more decided to come. How are you doing?"

If I remember his name correctly, 'Rantaro' was the one who said this, a slight wave of his hand going along with his invitation.

"Y-Yeah... We're doing f-fine... Thanks..."

This isn't (Name)'s normal attitude, nor demeanor. Don't tell me-

Kokichi

How dare this playboy-looking guy try to take my (Name) away! I don't care if his voice seems silky-smooth or if he apparently looks nice...

He's gotta go. And soon.

Reader

Oh my god... He's so hot...!

And with his voice-

The three of us entered the classroom, and I found myself sitting near the guy.

"Nice to meet you. Name's Rantaro Amami. Ultimate adventurer. Oh, and this is K1B0-"

The robot was quick to interrupt Rantaro.

"I already told you I would prefer you refer to me as 'Keebo'. Not listening just because I'm not like you is robophobic!"

Rantaro raised his hands in a defensive position.

"My bad; I didn't mean to offend you. And Kirumi is-"

Once again Rantaro was interrupted, but this time it was by some papers being placed in front of me, Shuichi, and Kokichi.

"As the ultimate maid, I wish to be able to serve you to the fullest of my ability. If you would be so kind to write down your preferences for the different categories I would be most grateful."

I wasn't expecting this class to have a maid. Still, I don't want to take advantage of her skills.

"I will. Thank you."

And with that, the three of us began writing down our responses.

"Oh, and I'm (Name) (Last Name), ultimate prankster."

Rantaro chuckled softly at this.

"Glad to hear that this class won't be boring; I look forward to seeing what you come up with."

....!

"Y-Yeah... I'll try not to disappoint..."

I might be in love.