Chapter One

(y/n)

"Grandma and Grandpa! I'm home from the store!" I called out, as I entered the front door of my grandparent's home.

Surprisingly, I didn't get a response.

"Grandma? Grandpa?" I called out.

When I walked into the kitchen, I saw that my grandparents weren't there either. But instead was a note, written in my grandmother's handwriting.

Curious, I picked up the note, and read it.

Dear (y/n), your Grandpa and I have important business to attend to. We'll be back by this afternoon. Feel free to help yourself to anything in the fridge for lunch. Sorry for not telling you why we're leaving, but we want it to be a surprise. Love, Grandma.

A surprise, huh? I wonder what it could be.

I then took my things to my room, where I unloaded all of my new pranking tools.

Glad I started my job a while ago, or there'd be no way I could afford all of these things.

Speaking of my job... I'm going to be late if I don't hurry!

Rushing around my room, I hurried to get my uniform on, and rushed out the door to get to my job as a worker at a convenience store.

Not the most exciting job, and I've been banned from pulling pranks on the customers, but at least I get a fairly good pay from it.

Once I arrived, I checked in, and began my shift.

***

Alright, all done. Phew, that took a lot of effort. There were so many customers today. Well, it is a Saturday, so I guess that it makes sense.

When I finally got home, I found that my grandparents were finally home.

"I'm home-"

"Congratulations!" I heard my grandparents shout.

Startled, I almost fell back out the door.

"Congratulations? What're you talking about?" I questioned.

"Sorry for scaring you, but we wanted to celebrate such a wonderful occasion."

"I"m still lost. What is going on?" I questioned.

"Guess we better tell her." Grandpa said.

"Agreed."

My grandparents turned to me.

"(y/n)...You've been accepted into Hope's Peak Academy at the ultimate prankster!" My grandpa said.

...

"Really?! This is... Amazing! Do I start after this summer?" I questioned.

My grandpa nodded.

"The reason we were gone today was so that we could set up your dorm room, and get you registered. We figured that you'd accept it, so we didn't wait to get an answer from you." Grandpa explained.

"Well, your accusation was correct. I'd love to go to Hope's Peak!" I exclaimed.

My grandparents smiled.

"Glad to hear. You're going to have to go back to Japan on your own.Will you be okay with that?" Grandma questioned.

I hesitated for a second, before responding.

"I should be just fine. That event was five years ago. I should be just fine." I answered.

"Then you should prepare your things, for school starts in about two weeks. Sure, you don't have to be on campus until three days before starts, but it can't hurt to get settled in, y'know?" Grandma said.

"I agree. I'll go pack now." I said, before running up to my room to get packed.

I looked at my room picture from the website, to see that we had single-person rooms, and that they were pretty big, so I wouldn't need to hold back when I pack.

As I was packing, I noticed something in my closet that I hadn't seen in forever.

... A picture of myself, and my two old friends; Kokichi and Shuichi...

I smiled.

If only they could see me now. I used to be such a shy and timid person. But thanks to them, I'm the person I am today, and I even found my ultimate talent.

... It's really thanks to them that I'll be going to Hope's Peak...

I wonder... WIll I see them when I get to Japan? The probability of this is very unlikely. But still... It could happen...

After packing the framed picture, I moved onto to pack more things in my suitcases.

Shuichi

"Shuichi, I have something for you." My uncle, as he handed me a letter.

"A letter?" I questioned.

Looking inside, I found that it was an invitation to go to Hope's Peak Academy.

Should I go...? I'm still a detective in training and-

"Pack your bags. You're not getting a choice! You deserve this, and you'll thank me later." My uncle said.

Well then... I guess it's decided then...

... I'm going to Hope's Peak Academy...

Kokichi

How am I not surprised? As an ultimate supreme leader, it'd only make sense that I'd be going to Hope's Peak. There's no doubt that if I go, I'll gain more influence than I've ever had before. So, there's no way I can pass this opportunity up...

... Hope's Peak Academy... Kokichi Oma's coming for you!

Hello again. Hope you enjoyed the first chapter. If not, feel free to suggest ways I can improve. Thanks! Later! =^-^=