Chapter Six

Shuichi

... I knew I should've... Worked out more...

Even though we just arrived at the pool, I'm already exhausted.

"Yay! We've arrived at the pool! Time for some fun!" (y/n) exclaimed, before running inside.

Kokichi ran in after her, leaving me to pay for our passes.

... Good thing being a detective pays well...

When I entered the pool area, I searched for (y/n) and Kokichi, to find them already in the water, with their things on one of the empty tables.

Impatient as ever, I see...

After placing my things on the same table, I walked up to the pool, and slowing entered through the stairs.

So... Cold!

"Come on Shuichi, it isn't that cold!" (y/n) called out, before she was splashed by Kokichi.

"No, stay away! That way I can beat (y/n) in our splashing war!" Kokichi called out, before being splashed back by (y/n).

... I need to help (y/n)!

Despite my body screaming 'no!', I dove under the water, and stealthily swam up to Kokichi and (y/n), where I did a surprise splash on Kokichi.

"What?! You're on her side?!"

(y/n) smiled.

"Yep! We're taking you down, Kokichi." (y/n) declared.

It was then a splashing war of life or death, with Kokichi versus (y/n) and myself.

Thanks to our amazing teamwork, (y/n/) and I were victorious.

"No fair! It was two versus one!" Kokichi whined.

"Can I help it if I'm so irresistible, that Shuichi wanted to be my partner?" (y/n) questioned.

"Well, that much is true. You are pretty amazing." Kokichi praised.

(y/n) blushed, before stuttering out a thanks.

...

"Anyway, what do we want to do now?" I questioned, trying to change the subject as quickly as possible.

(y/n) thought for a moment, before responding.

"Let's have a race! I want to see who's the fastest of the three of us." (y/n) suggested.

"Sure, that sounds like fun." I responded.

Though Kokichi looked worried.

"Oh... Okay..."

"Don't worry Kokichi, you'll do just fine." (y/n) reassured Kokichi.

"... With that encouragement, how can I lose?!"

"So, do we want to do a race where we all compete at the same time?" I questioned.

"Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking." (y/n) responded.

"Then how about we see if we can borrow some of the lanes swimmers use?" I suggested.

(y/n) smiled.

"Great idea Shuichi! I'll go ask." (y/n) said, before exiting the pool, and walking up to a lifeguard.

WHile she was gone, Kokichi and I just glared at each other.

'She loves me more, so stop trying." Kokichi stated.

I frowned.

"You sure that that isn't just your imagination playing tricks on you? Who knows, she may just be feeling sorry for you, and that's the only reason she even hangs out with you."