Shoot Kokichi

I know that I shouldn't have affection for either of these boys. They've killed people, manipulated others, but even so...

It's hard to deny how I feel. I'm not sure if I'm only coming to a conclusion now because I'm being forced to make a permanent decision, or if I've simply been in denial of my decision this entire time. Regardless of which scenario is the case...

"Shuichi... Please shoot Kokichi."

My hands were shaky as I handed the gun back to Shuichi. He seemed shocked by my actions, but didn't seem upset in the slightest. Kokichi, on the other hand, looked like someone had stepped on his heart and threw it away.

"Of course (Name)... If it'll make you feel better, you can look away."

I was quick to do just that, not able to look at Kokichi at the moment. I knew he must be hurting, but I can't lie and say I want to be with him when I don't.

"I must admit, I never expected you to choose Shuichi over me... B-But I can't argue with a decision if it's from you. I'll... I'll watch over you as a guardian angel, my queen."

Based on his trembling voice, Kokichi was barely not breaking down at that moment. I had already begun crying from everything that happened, and it wasn't long before Shuichi pulled the trigger.

I didn't dare turn around to look at Kokichi's now-dead body. I didn't want to... I couldn't. I had killed a friend of mine... Even after all this time I suppose I could still consider him a friend.

I was startled with Shuichi pulling me in his embrace, hugging me as he reassured me of my decision. He told me everything would be alright, and to not worry.

"(Name), it may be unsafe for us to stay at Hope's Peak after everything that's happened. In fact, I suspect they may close down after so many deaths have been reported. How would you feel about us leaving the country and finding a place to call our home? We'll move wherever you want... Together we'll make our dream home."

As I listened to Shuichi, the more his suggestion sounded like a dream. Running away from this past, and creating a brighter future together. It sounds amazing, wonderful even...

"I-I'd like that... Thank you Shuichi..."

Shuichi moved away slightly so we could look into each other's eyes. His eyes... They held so much love and care in them...

"I love you so much (Name)..."

"I love you too, Shuichi..."

It didn't take long for Shuichi to bring me in for a kiss. I was certainly flustered at first, but it didn't take long for me to kiss back.

My first kiss...

~ ~ ~

As Shuichi had predicted, Hope's Peak was forced to shut down after many ultimates had been found dead without any proper explanation. However, that didn't stop the current students from finding excellent futures revolving around their talents.

Shuichi kept his word, and it wasn't long before we had moved to (Country). He quickly found another detective agency to work at, and for a while I helped with hosting pranks of various sizes for a price. However it didn't last long as Shuichi didn't enjoy people hiring my services to simply hit on me, and forced me to quit.

"I know you love your pranks, but I can't lose you to those who may want to take you away. I'll let you pull whatever pranks you want on me, just don't leave me..."

Even after everything we had been through, Shuichi was so insecure about our relationship. I didn't mind though; it was cute to see him so protective.

With how much Shuichi's cases brought in, it wasn't long before we were able to buy our dream house. We were even able to hire the ultimate architect to help design it.

The house was simply perfect; I couldn't ask for a better house. And the first night in our new house, Shuichi proposed. I happily accepted, claiming it to be the happiest day of my life.

We're still deciding on if we want kids. Well, that's not

necessarily true. Shuichi's fine with whatever decision I choose... I simply need to decide if I want kids or not. Although I know either way I'll be happy.

I'm with Shuichi after all. We're the love of each other's lives.

Happy End

~ ~ ~ 

The next ending should be out soon. Hope you're looking forward to it! =^-^=